PDA

View Full Version : Children under 3?

angel2931
09-21-2010, 11:53 PM
Is it Children under 3 are free? Or Children 3 and Under are free? My son turns 3 in August 2011, and I am trying to figure out when we should go... before or after his bday! TIA!! :mickey:

dntccc
09-22-2010, 12:22 AM
I think it is children under 3 are free. From 3 and up, you have to have a ticket. However, if the child is two years old when you start your first day at Disney and turns three while still there, such as the next day, you do not have to pay for the child. I asked this specific question for our last trip. We were thinking about going where we would have been there during our daughter's three year old birthday. We ended up going before that time. If you are there during your child's birthday, be sure to get him a birthday button to wear while at the different parks.

BigRedDad
09-22-2010, 04:45 AM
It is for children under the age of 3. The day your child turns 3 is the day Disney starts making the big money. If your child turns 3 during your trip, they are still considered under 3.

diz_girl
09-22-2010, 11:49 AM
Just remember, even though he turns 3 in August, be mindful of when Value season starts for the Value resorts, which is around the second week of August. So you may save money by going during Value season and paying for his ticket and any buffets, rather than going before he turns 3 and pay Summer season prices for your room. You just need to run the numbers.

Personally, I'd rather go later in August, when the crowds start to wane and you pay Value season rates, even though he may be 3 and have to pay for his tickets. It's going to be hot anyway, so I'd rather go when it's hot with less crowds.

Disney Doll
09-22-2010, 02:58 PM
It's under 3. We are squeezing in on last under 3 trip this month before my son's Oct. birthday.

Just remember, even though he turns 3 in August, be mindful of when Value season starts for the Value resorts, which is around the second week of August. So you may save money by going during Value season and paying for his ticket and any buffets, rather than going before he turns 3 and pay Summer season prices for your room. You just need to run the numbers.

This is an excellent point!

angel2931
09-22-2010, 08:52 PM
Thanks everyone! My DS will turn 3 Aug 14th, but it looks like Value Season starts the week earlier so I may be in luck!! Now there were mixed answers about if we go for his birthday, and he turns 3 midway through our trip... does he stay free the entire week or do we have to pay for him for the days that he is officially 3?

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-22-2010, 09:21 PM
He is free for the entire trip! Disney uses the age at the start of the trip as the age for the whole trip.