PDA

View Full Version : Ticket add-ons possible?

MCeee
09-21-2010, 02:20 PM
Our trip to WDW in November will be rather flexible. We'll be driving this time and may decide to leave a day early and stay a day extra. Just the thought of it makes me :mickey:.

Now here's the tricky part... While we will probably arrive in WDW on Saturday, we won't check in to our resort (SSR) until Sunday. Obviously we'll have to stay somewhere on US-192 that first night (no problem). We plan to check out of the resort on Friday... If we stay an extra day, we'll have to do the US-192 hotel thing again.

After all that the question is... How can we get park hoppers that can be added on to our Key to the World card AND add a day at the beginning and/or end? Is it even possible?

WRWDisney
09-21-2010, 02:47 PM
First question, are you getting a package? If so, adding on to the end will be easy (just do it anytime within 14 days of the first use of the ticket), it can even be done right at the hotel. But adding on prior to check-in to your resort will not be possible.

If you are not, why not use The Official Ticket Center (site sponsor) and order your tickets in advance. That way, you can simply start using the ticket a day early and add-on what you need at the end of the trip. Your resort will even be able to add the paper ticket to your KTTW card once you check in to the resort.

Hope this is helpful:thumbsup:

Strmchsr
09-21-2010, 03:15 PM
You can definitely add days on, though I'm not sure if it has to be done within a certain amount of time of activating the card. Last trip we arrived much earlier than we anticipated and paid the extra $3 to add that day's tickets on to our card. Just went to the concierge desk and it was no problem.

WRWDisney
09-21-2010, 03:42 PM
From reading the OP's initial post though, they will not be at the resort if they arrive early and thus won't have been issued their tickets if it is part of a package. That is a key point that needs to be cleared up.

And yes, once a ticket has first been used, you have 14 days to upgrade it.

Just want to be certain the OP is getting the info they need:blush:

MCeee
09-21-2010, 04:03 PM
Yes... this is very helpful WRW...
No we're not on a package, we're staying on a friend's DVC points. Not sure if SSR would be available as part of a package since it is exclusively a DVC Resort.

I think I'll take the advice to get a 6-day hopper ahead of time, then have them put on our KTTW. Then at the end of the week, if we decide to stay another day, I'll have another day added!

Think that'll work?

WRWDisney
09-21-2010, 04:06 PM
That works perfectly (have done it ourselves, in the past). Have a great trip:thumbsup:

CleveRocks
09-21-2010, 09:42 PM
Yes... this is very helpful WRW...
No we're not on a package, we're staying on a friend's DVC points. Not sure if SSR would be available as part of a package since it is exclusively a DVC Resort.

I think I'll take the advice to get a 6-day hopper ahead of time, then have them put on our KTTW. Then at the end of the week, if we decide to stay another day, I'll have another day added!

Think that'll work?Your plan will work fine. Adding the 7th day will cost you only $5 + tax.

By the way, all DVC resorts are also regular Disney resorts. Anyone can stay at any of them, as long as there are rooms available. There is a cash price for each room type at each resort for each "season" ... it's not exclusively for DVC members.