PDA

View Full Version : Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

nfrustaci
09-20-2010, 08:07 PM
I have been to Disney 10 times in the 11 years i am married to my wonderful husband. we have been there in January (saw some of the decorations for xmas), April, August, Sept (Halloween, didnt make the mnsshp we all had the flu and were in the room the entire trip) and now we are finally going in november following thanksgiving and i am so excited to be there for the christmas decorations. we have several reservations at the hotels for various meals so we will be seeing the decorations there so i was wondering if i should go to the xmas party. is it worth the extra money? we have a wonderful 2 year old boy and i was wondering if it is worth taking him to that, i know i would love to be there to see it snow in florida ;) what other things would i be missing if we don't go aside from the hot coco and cookies? any info would be great!

DisneyPrincess21
09-20-2010, 09:05 PM
I have been to Disney 10 times in the 11 years i am married to my wonderful husband. we have been there in January (saw some of the decorations for xmas), April, August, Sept (Halloween, didnt make the mnsshp we all had the flu and were in the room the entire trip) and now we are finally going in november following thanksgiving and i am so excited to be there for the christmas decorations. we have several reservations at the hotels for various meals so we will be seeing the decorations there so i was wondering if i should go to the xmas party. is it worth the extra money? we have a wonderful 2 year old boy and i was wondering if it is worth taking him to that, i know i would love to be there to see it snow in florida ;) what other things would i be missing if we don't go aside from the hot coco and cookies? any info would be great!

The Mickey Very Merry Christmas Party is 100% worth it IMHO. This will be my 3rd year in a row to attend the MVMCP. You can only see the Mickey's Once Upon A Christmastime Parade & the special holiday version of wishes while at the party. Also, they have special dance parties with the characters that you child might get a kick out of. The rides for the lines are virtually non existent. They also have a cute Christmas stage show at Cinderella's castle.

I would reccommend trying the party atleast once. :santa3:

Thumper03
09-20-2010, 10:03 PM
I agree with the first response - you should do it at least once. It's a great time - you really can get in the Holiday spirit if you can relax and let it wash over you.:santa::cloud9::santa: There are lots of little extras aside from the big obvious extras (parade and fireworks) which are outstanding. My only word of caution would be to consider the stamina of your 2 yr old DS. You might consider letting him rest and nap before you go. It's fun to close down the party, but might make for a very late night and a seriously over-stimulated baby boy.:blush:

disneymom2000
09-20-2010, 10:15 PM
I have been and it was really nice but didn't think I would ever do it again. Once was enough. However, this year I am taking someone who has never been to WDW and it is something I think everyone needs to experience at least once - so I am definitely going again. Take advantage of the hot chocolate and cookies and mingling with everyone. It really gets you in the Christmas mood.:santa:

BTM
09-20-2010, 10:37 PM
Just ordered our tickets today and we are really excited about going. We have been to MNSSHP twice and it was very much worth it. Hope this will be too.

faline
09-21-2010, 02:57 AM
If you go with a two year old, I'd suggest making sure he has a nap that day. Going to the party in the evening can make a long day for a child that age!

nfrustaci
09-21-2010, 05:37 PM
tks to all. i have been watching the parade on you tube with my ds and he is very excited. i had him there last year when he was one and when he sees the castle on tv he gets very very excited and starts pointing. so i guess we will be attending the mvmcp.... i thought i was more excited about going again but my ds may be more excited than i am. i have always loved going to disney with my dh every year since we have been married and have always cried at the sight of the castle but since last year it has had a whole new meaning to me (as i sit here and cry while i am typing this) . so off the the mvmcp for the 3 of us. :crying::mjump:

dyin tago
09-21-2010, 06:38 PM
wife and I are visiting for our first time in november when the christmas party is going on.

would it be worth the cost if our main reason is the special christmas fireworks?

also how hard would it be to get tickets a day or 2 before in early november?

faline
09-21-2010, 06:42 PM
would it be worth the cost if our main reason is the special christmas fireworks?

also how hard would it be to get tickets a day or 2 before in early november?

You're the only one who can decide if you get enough value out of the party just to see the fireworks. If you go, I'd also suggest seeing the wonderful holiday parade, the holiday show at the Castle and snow on Main Street!

No way of knowing if the party will sell out for the dates you want to attend. If they are mid-week parties, they are less likely to sell out.

dyin tago
09-21-2010, 06:52 PM
thanks for the input,much appreciated:mickey:

we will also have the benefit of doing the park at night which we really enjoy.

we also have only done july and september before so we may not be so exhausted from the heat by evening!:D

DisneyPrincess21
09-21-2010, 10:02 PM
tks to all. i have been watching the parade on you tube with my ds and he is very excited. i had him there last year when he was one and when he sees the castle on tv he gets very very excited and starts pointing. so i guess we will be attending the mvmcp.... i thought i was more excited about going again but my ds may be more excited than i am. i have always loved going to disney with my dh every year since we have been married and have always cried at the sight of the castle but since last year it has had a whole new meaning to me (as i sit here and cry while i am typing this) . so off the the mvmcp for the 3 of us. :crying::mjump:

Yea!

:tink:
I hope you guys have a magical vacation!