PDA

View Full Version : Free Laundry for DVC members?

Georgesgirl1
09-20-2010, 07:52 PM
My dad told me that even though we are staying in a studio, we should be able to do our laundry free at the laundry facilities. We have only stayed at 1 bedrooms and up so far, so we have always had the washer dryer combo in our room. Can someone tell me how this works? Is there a code I need to get? Do they hand me a bunch of quarters? Help!

oldkeywest91
09-20-2010, 08:29 PM
Don,t know where you are staying,but at OKW there are laundry rooms at all the pools,and they are free to use for all DVC members.Don't need any dimes or quarters,just detergent.Have a great time:

DizneyRox
09-20-2010, 10:19 PM
At AKLKV, the laundry room is located opposite the Community Hall area, near the game room. Should be free, but you need to supply detergent.

I don't know if there's anything at AKLJH, since it's mostly regular guests, but there might be.

seanyred
09-21-2010, 12:20 AM
at AKLJH the laundary room is on the same floor as all the guests, but you need your room key to get in. Also stayed at BWV and they also have free laundary

Disney Doll
09-21-2010, 01:18 PM
Learn something new everyday. Thanks guys! I figured you paid for laundry unless you had the unit in your room. This is a welcome surprise.

DizneyRox
09-22-2010, 07:00 AM
It's been a while since I was in a studio, but I remember the laundry rooms being pretty busy. The one at AKLKV seemed to sport a bunch more machines than I remember at Boardwalk.

They are less crowded during park hours than at night, early morning as you can expect.

Sunshine1010
10-14-2010, 02:27 AM
I'm confused. I had no idea that they didn't charge for DVC members. But how do they know which people are DVC members or not?

DizneyRox
10-14-2010, 07:44 AM
Well, I think it's the honor system... The DVC laundry rooms that I've used are really "buried" within the DVC areas, so it would be inconvenient for non DVCs to use them, but I would guarantee it happens.

The machines have coin sliders on them, and to activate the washer, you just push it in and pull it out. Works with or without coins. Again, at least the machines I've used.

Same with the dryers...

Joannelet
10-14-2010, 08:10 AM
Wow I did not know this! We've only stayed in a studio once but it would have been nice to know! :)
Thanks for this info!

ThanxForNoticin
10-14-2010, 12:35 PM
I think, in general, at the DVC-only resorts (like OKW and SS), the laundry is free with relatively easy access (like by the pools). At the combination Disney Resorts / DVC locations (like AK and BC), you need a DVC room key to get into the laundry room.