PDA

View Full Version : Bedbugs Question

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-20-2010, 04:04 PM
With recent news and reports about bedbugs on the upswing, I was wondering how do you check for them? Can you see them easily?:confused:

tinklover
09-20-2010, 04:52 PM
If you google them you will find videos if what to look for and if that still does not make you feel comfortable there are sprays you can buy and bring with you that will keep them at bay if they are by chance there. one spray that I know if is made by Fairytales. you can google that for the site info.

greengeen
09-20-2010, 07:03 PM
Can you see them easily?:confused:

Only with my glasses on, I'm over 50! But seriously, you can check the corners of the mattress, under the sheets. If they're there you will know. Little black flecks.

faline
09-20-2010, 07:16 PM
Can you see them easily?:confused:

They are quite small - about the size of an apple seed, as I understand it. I do check my bedding as soon as I check into a room now. They do like to hide in nooks and crevices. Common places for them to hide is between the mattress and box springs. You also need to strip the bedding so you check the area along the side of the mattress and box spring. That cord area is one of the places they like to hide. Other places to look are being the bedboard and pictures in the room. Also check inside the bedside table. They can also hide in upholstered furniture - like couches. They do not travel far from where they will find their meals (humans) which is why you find them close to (or in) beds or furniture.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-21-2010, 09:39 AM
thanks for all the help, we've never had any problems but I'd rather be prepared.

princessgirls
09-22-2010, 10:36 AM
Yuck..Yuck...Yuck...

Every time I turn on my news (live in the NY tri-state area) it is about the bedbug issue.

I also read this helpful hint...IF you are unable to store your luggage on a luggage rack, put it in a garbage bag until you repack it.

Bedbugs are kind of like hitchhikers...Also when returning home from a trip, wash everything in HOT water, and leave your luggage in the garage maybe in the garbage bag for a few weeks.

Yes, I have been checking every bed I've stayed in all summer.
If there are bedbugs you will see stains on the mattress pad as well, but check in all the corners of the mattress.
ICK ICK ICK!!
Julie:mickey: