PDA

View Full Version : Main Street Electrical Parade?

dntccc
09-20-2010, 10:32 AM
As I was speaking with a WDW cast member on the phone about some questions I had regarding our upcoming trip (10/2 - 10/4), I found out that the Electrical Parade is/will be running then. I asked if this was the original parade they had years ago, and he said yes. This is a welcome surprise. I went to WDW as a child a couple of time in the 70s and aslo in the 80s but do not remember if I saw it then or not. I remember seeing it on TV. Did Disney update it in some way or will it pretty much be as it was when it originally ran?

BigRedDad
09-20-2010, 11:01 AM
I am not sure how much it follows to the original, but there are some minor updates I am aware of. The lights are now LEDs, TinkerBell starts the parade. Other than that, much should be the same.

birdsell
09-20-2010, 11:51 AM
1. Lights are now LEDs. Not a noticebale change.

2. Tinkerbell now leads the parade instead of the Blue Fairy.

3. No more Dumbo float w/ calliope.

4. Adds a Pinocchio float.

5. Expands on the Snow White floats.

6. A small change in the music, but barely noticeable. My only thought was that the first note didn't seem quite as loud as I had remembered.

There may be a few others.

#1donaldfan
09-20-2010, 12:35 PM
I can barely remember the original and was looking very much forward to it, this past June...what a waste of time for us, as I suppose we have taken too much to the new one....I would have rather spent my time riding !!! IMHO !! :cool:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
09-23-2010, 11:20 PM
I love this parade and was so glad I got the chance to see it twice last month. The music is my ring tone for my cell phone.

Melanie
09-24-2010, 07:32 AM
I can barely remember the original and was looking very much forward to it, this past June...what a waste of time for us, as I suppose we have taken too much to the new one....I would have rather spent my time riding !!! IMHO !! :cool:

I have to kind of agree with you.

MagicalGuest
09-24-2010, 08:58 AM
This is my favorite parade at WDW. So glad I got to see it in August!:mickey:

faline
09-24-2010, 09:01 AM
It's the main reason we scheduled a trip at the end of July/beginning of August! I was glad to have had the opportunity to see it again and hope to get back again before it ends its current run!

clausjo
09-24-2010, 09:28 AM
My kids and I got a chance to see it in June. For me it was an incredible memory - I really loved this parade as a kid. I was equally pleased when my kids declared it to be the best parade ever! Made me get a bit misty eyed. :blush: