PDA

View Full Version : best quick service food...

amorillo
09-20-2010, 08:08 AM
I'm taking a solo 4-day trip the first weekend in October... I have the QS dining plan. Just wondering what QS you would recommend?

I love Flame Tree BBQ in AK.... and more than likely I'll do Columbia Harbour House in MK...

Not sure if there is anything worth trying in HS? Any suggestion? Or should I just hop over to epcot?

I haven't really done any QS dining in the world showcase.... what are your favorites???

Thanks for the help! :D

kdsjjb
09-20-2010, 08:32 AM
Tangerinne Cafe is a favorite for our whole family.

Also loved the QS in Mexico, and cant wait to try the new one.

WDWCrazyKaren
09-20-2010, 09:09 AM
Sunshine Seasons or Sunshine Terrace (I simply can't remember what its called, and frankly can't be bothered to look it up right now!) in The Land at Epcot has such a wonderful array of items. Nothing deep fried here! And their dessert selection is one of the best in all the parks for QS dining plan.

I know you specifically asked for HS quick service, but frankly, we've never found anything worthy of note at HS for QS dining. It's all very standard fare.

No matter where you are, you'll be at Disney having a great time!

MagicalGuest
09-20-2010, 09:10 AM
I don't like any of the CS place at HS, but we don't leave the park because of it. At Epcot, try the CS place at The Land (same level as Soarin') Great selection for both adults and kids. And as someone else has already said, Mexico is always a winner. At AK, you may also want to try to CS at Yak and Yeti.

TikiLounger
09-20-2010, 09:13 AM
The quick service in Mexico is our favorite, too. Actually, we ate at the little stand outside the Cantina (because of the refurb) on our last trip in June. It was awesome. The flautas were delicious!

DisneyAddict62
09-20-2010, 09:19 AM
We have a quick meal at Backlot Express at HS. Usual food, but its tasty!

WishingStar2006
09-20-2010, 09:33 AM
There is a place on the way to ToT and RR that sells great bar-b-q brisket...it's called Fairfax Fare and I was really impressed. If you like Flaming Tree at AK, you'll like this. When I was at AK in August Flaming Tree was closed for renovation...you might want to check on it's status. Another QS option at AK is Yak & Yeti QS...it's pretty good as well.

Have a great trip!

BugeyedMuggy
09-20-2010, 09:57 AM
Epcot - Tangerine Cafe (Marraco), Sunshine Seasons (The Land), Yakitori House (Japan), Boulangerie Patisserie (France)

HS- Back Lot Express, Staring rolls

The menus are here on intercot.

vicster
09-20-2010, 09:59 AM
Tangerinne Cafe is a favorite for our whole family.

Also loved the QS in Mexico, and cant wait to try the new one.

Tried the new one last Friday - tacos were great!

We also like the taco salad at Pecos Bills at MK.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-20-2010, 10:28 AM
DHS-Starring Rolls
DTD-Wolfgang Puck Express
Epcot-Yorkshire Fish n Chips

goofygirl67
09-20-2010, 04:30 PM
I like Sunshine seasons for the selection. Flame tree was still closed on Saturday.:(

darthmacho
09-20-2010, 04:43 PM
I also liked the Sunshine Seasons Food Faire in the Land Pavilion, but anywhere in World Showcase would do, with Mexico, Morocco, and China topping my list.

:mickey:

MadMadamMim
09-21-2010, 12:14 PM
Eat at Starring Rolls Cafe at DHS. You can get a yummy sandwich, chips, drink, and a HUGE cupcake for the QS dining plan...totally worth it just for the cupcake IMHO.

Disney4us2
09-21-2010, 12:46 PM
Flame Tree BBQ:thumbsup:

Need to try Sunshine Seasons.

joonyer
09-21-2010, 01:50 PM
I like the tabbouleh wraps at ABC commissary, Different but yummy. :tasty:

Jennifer_and_Chris
09-21-2010, 04:56 PM
Yak n Yeti
Yakitori House
Earl of Sandwich
Wolfgang Puck Cafe
Columbia Harbor House
Sunshine Seasons FOR SURE!!!
Captain Cook's

That's about all I can think of right now... those are my FAVORITES!!!!!!!!

buzznwoodysmom
09-21-2010, 05:26 PM
If you have any time away from the parks and want a nice QS meal that feels more like a sit down meal try Pepper Market at Coronado. You get a lot of bang for your buck here. At Pepper Market you can get a steak and baked potato as a QS meal. There were lots of things to choose from that were way better than any of your usual QS selections at other places. You don't get seated by a waitstaff, but they do bring your drinks and refills, plus the area is really festive and cute.

I agree with many others here, we love Sunshine Season in Epcot. Yak and Yeti, along with Flame tree, in AK are both great. We love CHH in MK. Earl of Sandwich and Wolf Gang Puck Express are both great QS places at DTD. And with so many options in World Showcase you can eat pretty darn well for a week on the QS plan.

MinnieMommie
09-21-2010, 08:13 PM
DHS: Don't usually eat here but when I do it's at Starring Rolls Cafe (if you like coffee they brew their own). Great baked goods and sandwiches (hard to find black forest ham at most places) and they now have Sushi

Epcot: Love Sunshine Seasons in Future World and Boulangerie Patisserie in World Showcase

MK: Main St Bakery, Pecos Bill and Columbia Harbor House

AK: Don't usually eat here anymore either but I would select Flame Tree Barbecue and Yak and Yeti (CS)

With the CS meals, especially if you are on the dinning plan, I try to consider which venues will have options I like for main course, desert and beverage. A place like Sunshine Seasons really fits this bill to a T.Great main courses to choose from and a very good bakery. For my taste I like ordering the quiche in France and then selecting one of the to die for pastries. Check out the menus to see how you get get the best selections according to your taste. :mickey:

brownie
09-21-2010, 10:31 PM
We really like Backlot Express at Disney's Hollywood Studios. Our other favorites include Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe and Sunshine Seasons.

amorillo
09-22-2010, 01:27 PM
Thanks for all the great ideas! Looks like I'll be doing some menu cruising today! 9 days to go!

EJS-Houston
09-27-2010, 06:04 PM
At the risk of being redundant (I just posted this same response elsewhere on Intercot):

I was really impressed with the Mediterranean food at the counter service restaurant at EPCOT. I live in a city with a lot of Mediterranean restaurants and this one compared very favorably, and was one of the most reasonably meals I had at DisneyWorld at that! I highly recommend it.

Gator
09-27-2010, 06:20 PM
The Tangeriene Cafe is excellent in the Morroco pavillion. The Beef/Lamb Gyro is great, and don't forget to get some batlava.

At HS, Pizza Planet is fun with it's Toy Story theme - although the pizza is not the very best. I'll have to try the FairFax Fare next time I visit.

At MK, Pecos Bill's Cafe has a great fixins bar for the burgers, and the atmosphere is cool.