PDA

View Full Version : California Grill vs. Citricos

jenperich
09-20-2010, 01:53 AM
Couple of questions here re: these two places.

1. Which do you prefer?

2. Wishes is @ 9:30 that night. California Grill has an ADR for 9:35. Do you think it's possible that they'll let us check in and then watch Wishes?

Thanks for your help!

Advnt05
09-20-2010, 12:32 PM
In my opinion, the food at Citricos is better. I like the creativity of the menu and the atmosphere is a little nice. But for seeing the fireworks, California Grill has the better view. I don't see why they would not let you at least show up early and watch the show. You probably would get seater earlier than your reservation.

dobby2010
09-22-2010, 11:34 AM
We just had dinner at California Grill the other night. We checked in 15 minutes early and they took us right up and told us we could have a drink at the bar or go out on the balcony. We didn't get seated until about 30 minutes AFTER our reservation time, so I do not think they'll seat you early. If I were you I'd check in a little early then go up and enjoy the fireworks from the balcony, it is a stunning view.

mazydaisy
09-22-2010, 12:25 PM
We have ADR's for California Grille at 8pm and I think the fireworks that night (for MVMCP) are at 9:30pm. We're hoping we'll be there long enough to see the fireworks - what do you think??

faline
09-22-2010, 12:41 PM
We have ADR's for California Grille at 8pm and I think the fireworks that night (for MVMCP) are at 9:30pm. We're hoping we'll be there long enough to see the fireworks - what do you think??

With appetizers, a leisurely meal, and coffe, you would likely be there for 1-1/2 hours. My understanding is that all who have dined that evening are invited to come back to view the fireworks even if their dinner was compelted an hour or so before the fireworks begin.

mazydaisy
09-22-2010, 02:09 PM
Awesome - thanks! It's our first night at Disney (and our 1st trip too) so thought it would be a great way to start off our trip (we have 2 kids, ages 7 and 9).:thumbsup: