PDA

View Full Version : NFL week 2, the good the bad and why did he do that ?

gueli
09-19-2010, 09:37 PM
Hey, week 2. How did your team do ? what were the good parts, the bad ? where there any why did he do that moments? so lets hear from you.:thumbsup:

By the way, a huge shout out to Pagan and the Dolphins. Wow, didn't think you had it in you. Great win. You are going to be tough this year.:beer:

Win lose die or tie, keep rooting.

GO JETS
:number1:

Greenlawler
09-20-2010, 01:42 AM
Uhghhhhh. Mostly ugly.

The Titans
The good: Our defense. Looks like the d-line is for real although Charlie Batch is not an accurate barometer.

The bad: Where do I start? Well how about 7 turnovers! Teams in the NFL just do not win with more than four, but 7! The Titans in spite of this had a shot in the end...crazy! Or perhaps the called back Johnson 80 yard touchdown run? Maybe the fact that Vince looked like the old head case version? It reminded me of the 2001 and 2008 Titans vs. Ravens playoff games where the Titans ran up and down the field only to stop themselves and loose the game because of turnovers.

The Ugly: The horrible no call by the officials, as Vince was bodyslammed to the ground by three Steelers? I have watched the Titans get called for that at least 20 times, but where was the flag today? Not that it would have mattered, it just hacked me off.

He did what?: Jeff Fisher pulls Vince in the fourth quarter. Okay so the team fared better with Collins but you have to show some faith in Vince even if you chuck this one up to a loss. I hope this does not have a lasting effect on us.

Ian
09-20-2010, 08:32 AM
Good: The Eagles won. They almost didn't, and it was pretty ugly (especially defensively), but they won. Any win is a good win. Also, our QB looked like a world beater yesterday. 280 yards, two TD's, no picks, plus a couple of well-timed effective rushes.*

The Bad: The defense is a big question mark for me right now. Looked pretty good in week one against a top notch Packers offense, but really below average against a journeyman QB this week. Our special teams stinks, as well.

The Ugly: *The above mentioned world-beater QB is, apparently, not actually going to be our QB. Instead we're going with the guy who looked like a scared little kid in game one. Fabulous. :shake:

diz_girl
09-20-2010, 10:29 AM
Good: Our special teams stinks, as well.

Special teams has always been a problem with the Eagles. It always seems that when most teams can get the ball to only the 20 or 25, the Eagles allow their opponent to get to the 30 or 35. I swear it's been that way for several years.

gueli
09-20-2010, 10:54 AM
Good: The Eagles won. They almost didn't, and it was pretty ugly (especially defensively), but they won. Any win is a good win. Also, our QB looked like a world beater yesterday. 280 yards, two TD's, no picks, plus a couple of well-timed effective rushes.*

The Bad: The defense is a big question mark for me right now. Looked pretty good in week one against a top notch Packers offense, but really below average against a journeyman QB this week. Our special teams stinks, as well.

The Ugly: *The above mentioned world-beater QB is, apparently, not actually going to be our QB. Instead we're going with the guy who looked like a scared little kid in game one. Fabulous. :shake:

I have a few questions for the eagleds fans-
would you rather have vic as your QB ?

Is reid really just going to stick with his plans, despite mounting evidence that they are not good ones ?

Are you happy for Mcnabb ? (wether its hes not there or that he is winning). Having watched many former Jet players do well in new enviroments (see the saints) I wonder how you guys (and girls er..diz girls :) feel):beer:

gueli
09-20-2010, 10:59 AM
Uhghhhhh. Mostly ugly.
The Ugly: The horrible no call by the officials, as Vince was bodyslammed to the ground by three Steelers?

Ok many of us talk about the officiating. just curious, perhaps we can try to keep track of which crews we feel slighted by/dont call the game evenly, etc vs those that we feel do a good job. might be interesting to see if we see patterns... just a thought
:thumbsup:

Ian
09-20-2010, 11:02 AM
Special teams has always been a problem with the Eagles. It always seems that when most teams can get the ball to only the 20 or 25, the Eagles allow their opponent to get to the 30 or 35. I swear it's been that way for several years.Yeah, but this Bobby April guy was supposed to be some kind of special teams guru that was going to get that fixed.

Thus far, I'm less than impressed.

Ian
09-20-2010, 11:07 AM
I have a few questions for the eagleds fans-
would you rather have vic as your QB ?For me, it's not a matter of whether I'd like to have Vick or not. Reid already opened that Pandora's Box by keeping Vick on the team in the first place. If he didn't forsee this potentially becoming a problem, then he's a worse head coach than I thought he was ... and that's pretty hard because I think he's awful.

Is reid really just going to stick with his plans, despite mounting evidence that they are not good ones ?You clearly aren't that close to the Eagles ... this is the same man who, for 11 seasons, has refused to run the ball consistenty, can't get his clock management under control, and refuses to listen to anyone who tells him he's wrong. Why should this situation be any different?? Reid will ride Kolb until it's no longer possible to pretend he's going to succeed.

Are you happy for Mcnabb ? (wether its hes not there or that he is winning). Having watched many former Jet players do well in new enviroments (see the saints) I wonder how you guys (and girls er..diz girls :) feel):beer:I don't know if you watched their game yesterday or not, but that was vintage McNabb and exactly what drove me crazy about him and made me happy he was run out of town.

He drives the ball up and down the field when it doesn't really matter and then when he needs to hit just one more pass to win the game, he overthrows a wide open receiver by like five yards for what would have certainly been a game winning TD.

And still ... all the sports media can say this morning about their Fair Haired Boy is that he threw for 400+ yards. :shake:

#1donaldfan
09-20-2010, 12:41 PM
Uhghhhhh. Mostly ugly.

The Titans
The good: Our defense. Looks like the d-line is for real although Charlie Batch is not an accurate barometer.

The bad: Where do I start? Well how about 7 turnovers! Teams in the NFL just do not win with more than four, but 7! The Titans in spite of this had a shot in the end...crazy! Or perhaps the called back Johnson 80 yard touchdown run? Maybe the fact that Vince looked like the old head case version? It reminded me of the 2001 and 2008 Titans vs. Ravens playoff games where the Titans ran up and down the field only to stop themselves and loose the game because of turnovers.

The Ugly: The horrible no call by the officials, as Vince was bodyslammed to the ground by three Steelers? I have watched the Titans get called for that at least 20 times, but where was the flag today? Not that it would have mattered, it just hacked me off.

He did what?: Jeff Fisher pulls Vince in the fourth quarter. Okay so the team fared better with Collins but you have to show some faith in Vince even if you chuck this one up to a loss. I hope this does not have a lasting effect on us.

I'm a Steeler, however I can certainly feel your pain about pulling your starter....that's got to pull him down several notches....about the spearing to the ground, I just knew a late flag was coming and when it didn't I was thinking ..."how not "....can't say I'm sorry 'bout your loss, but it was a good game, sort of ..... :thumbsup:

gueli
09-20-2010, 01:41 PM
You clearly aren't that close to the Eagles ... this is the same man who, for 11 seasons, has refused to run the ball consistenty, can't get his clock management under control, and refuses to listen to anyone who tells him he's wrong.... Why should this situation be any different?? Reid will ride Kolb until it's no longer possible to pretend he's going to succeed.

well, the only place I hear consitantly about the eagles and their fans reaction to it is, er , here :D.
That is why I ask so many questions...

I don't know if you watched their game yesterday or not, but that was vintage McNabb and exactly what drove me crazy about him and made me happy he was run out of town.

I was out with family yesterday, so I did not watch the Jet Game Live (thank you DVR), so I only saw highlights.
Again it is interesting for me to see other fans reactions. Thank You Ian :beer:

Ian
09-21-2010, 06:37 PM
Breaking news ... Kolb out and Vick in as starter ... For the season!!!

Greenlawler
09-22-2010, 01:16 AM
I'm a Steeler, however I can certainly feel your pain about pulling your starter....that's got to pull him down several notches....about the spearing to the ground, I just knew a late flag was coming and when it didn't I was thinking ..."how not "....can't say I'm sorry 'bout your loss, but it was a good game, sort of ..... :thumbsup:

By good game you mean the Steelers won then I agree :). However....The Titans gained twice as many yards. The Steelers ran the opening kickoff back. The Steelers got every bouce including two fumbles that should have resulted in Titan td's and another fumble which the Titans player tripped running to the end zone. Remember the punt that would have been blocked by the Titans on any other day but somehow goes through the arms of our player? Titans play against your third string qb. Did I mention the 7 turnovers? Oh and even Jeff Fisher who never complains about officiating was irrate about the no call against Vince that stopped a drive. I guess good game :sick:

Not bitter you guys won fair and square....really. You have to score to win and Titans did not.

Talking to a Steeler fan today and he laughed about how the Titans gave you guys the game. He reminded me of when the Texans beat the Steelers in 2002 when the Steelers lost after outgaining by yardage the Texans 427 to 42. The Steelers threw 2 int's for tds and the Texans recovered a fumble and took a kickoff back for a td. Thats how I feel today.

Oh well I think either we both stink or we get a rematch in January ;). Cue the Colts fan response...you both stink.

#1donaldfan
09-22-2010, 12:20 PM
By good game you mean the Steelers won then I agree :). However....The Titans gained twice as many yards. The Steelers ran the opening kickoff back. The Steelers got every bouce including two fumbles that should have resulted in Titan td's and another fumble which the Titans player tripped running to the end zone. Remember the punt that would have been blocked by the Titans on any other day but somehow goes through the arms of our player? Titans play against your third string qb. Did I mention the 7 turnovers? Oh and even Jeff Fisher who never complains about officiating was irrate about the no call against Vince that stopped a drive. I guess good game :sick:

Not bitter you guys won fair and square....really. You have to score to win and Titans did not.

Talking to a Steeler fan today and he laughed about how the Titans gave you guys the game. He reminded me of when the Texans beat the Steelers in 2002 when the Steelers lost after outgaining by yardage the Texans 427 to 42. The Steelers threw 2 int's for tds and the Texans recovered a fumble and took a kickoff back for a td. Thats how I feel today.

Oh well I think either we both stink or we get a rematch in January ;). Cue the Colts fan response...you both stink.

I never said it wasn't ugly, and was it EVER UGLY....I'll take a win and hopefully in a couple of weeks we can forget how we couldn't convert so many turnovers, other than a few measley field goals....horrible game, but a win and I can silently place it into my "good game" catagory !! January ?? Hopefully, one of us will see some post season games, but if I gauge the season with this past Sunday, not so sure !! Good luck to ya !! :thumbsup: