PDA

View Full Version : Art of Animation Value resort

paragon
09-19-2010, 10:07 AM
I was just checking the Disney site, comparing resorts for a planned upcoming trip ( hopefully a long weekend in Oct/Nov ) and noticed that they now have the Art of Animation resort as a choice, but are not yet accepting bookings. Not scehduled to accept bookings until 2012.
I was wondering, if anyone who has been at Pop recently, can share if there is any activity going on over there or if anyone has any photos. I know that there are currently a few buildings already built, left over and long abandoned from the unfinished second phase of Pop, but have they demolished anything? Or are they simply going to re work what is already built? And is there any other construction going on there.

PirateLover
09-19-2010, 10:21 AM
There is active construction work. I think for the most part they are reworking what was already built. The main lobby and all of the buildings had already been built, but aside from the large numbers on the lobby no theme was ever placed on it. More artwork and info was released yesterday ( you may have already seen it)

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/art-of-animation-resort/?int_cmp=SOC-intDPFY10Q3ArtOfAnimationResort16-09-10@0002

LVT
09-21-2010, 08:32 PM
The Disney site is great. Info, Data and lots of questions that are being answered by a cast person. I googled Disney Art of Animation Resort and quickly found it.
1. Mostly Family suites for up to six, as are found in ASM.
2. Value level.
4 themed areas with suites
1 regular room area in a 5th theme.
I did not note if the room lay out was identical to the ASM suites.

JerseyDad
09-21-2010, 10:18 PM
.....was just at POP...2.5 weeks ago...and there is definitely a bunch of construction happening at the Art of Animation site (across the Generation Gap Bridge). The main hall was previously built...but I'm sure that they'll modify it somewhat to set it apart from the POP theming and architecture. Two of the ten buildings were already up...and appeared (in the past) to be configured with rooms just like POP....so I'm sure that they will be the standard buildings. There were eight other foundations already completed...and I'm sure that in this economy...Disney will use what was already built...and modify the internal room layouts to match the family suite theme.

....it'll be interesting to see the construction progress as time goes by.