PDA

View Full Version : Firework viewing from Ohana

1EeyoreFan
09-18-2010, 08:25 PM
We have an 8:30 ADR at Ohana on Nov. 11. I am not sure but I think they have the MVMCP fireworks only that evening. Is there any chance we could see any fireworks from there while dining or do you have to be on the beach? If so, any idea of what time they would start?

Thanks for your input!

WDW*Dreamer
09-18-2010, 08:46 PM
I don't know about MVMCP, but the last time I was at WDW I was in Ohana during the last night of Wishes. We were able to see the fireworks, and they actually piped the sound in through the restaraunt speakers.

svarhall07
09-18-2010, 09:21 PM
I have reservations there in June at 8:50pm. We were really hoping to see Wishes; however, it was very minimal. They do play the soundtrack over the restaurant speakers, and if you stand you can see a glimmer of light over the tree line, but it isn't a magical viewing. I would plan to spend another night actually in Magic Kingdom to see the full show.

On the bright side, I love eating at 'Ohana late because there are fewer people, they walk around with the skewers more often, and its always SOOOOO delicious!

Enjoy!

princessjojo
09-19-2010, 10:22 AM
Every time we've eaten at 'Ohana's we've watched the fireworks from our table. With exception of once, we've had great seats and the fireworks were wonderfully visible. The only time we had trouble was because of a treeline just outside the window. Otherwise, the views were great.

faline
09-19-2010, 03:42 PM
Partially, it will depend upon where in the room you are seated. Some tables do have views of the fireworks but there have also been complaints that those from other tables have walked up to the windows and blocked the views of those who had tables near the windows.

1EeyoreFan
09-19-2010, 07:07 PM
Thanks for the info! I guess we will just see what we can (if they show them with it being a party night) and plan to pencil in fireworks for later in the trip as well.

Fangorn
09-19-2010, 09:03 PM
We have been at 'Ohana on several MNSSHP nights and have always had good to great views of the fireworks. The do pipe in the soundtrack and dim the restaurant lights for the special shows too. The fireworks show for MNSSHP starts at 9:30 so we always plan our dinner for around 9. I've not been there for the Christmas party so I'm not positive as to the schedule, but I'd expect the same timing at this party as well.

Steve