PDA

View Full Version : Inaccessible Dining Plan

emmcmac
09-18-2010, 02:59 PM
I am quite perturbed by Disney's inaccessible dining plan. It's very unfair that we were hounded by "cast" members to buy 10 day-hopper tickets and now when we are visiting and staying at a resort, disney refuses to allow us to buy into the dining plan. Be very careful buying into the disney thing.

Strmchsr
09-18-2010, 03:36 PM
First, off :welcome: to Intercot!

Second, what are you talking about? The Dining Plan is available to anyone who purchases a package. You have to add it 10 days in advance. You can't add it to a room-only reservation and you can't add it upon arrival, but Disney's policy clearly states that. And I've never been hounded by any Cast Member about buying tickets. There's no hidden tricks or secrets with tickets or the dining plan.

DizneyRox
09-18-2010, 03:37 PM
DDP must be purchased PRIOR to check-in (days prior, not hours). Not sure what the problem is, frankly, you're probably saving money by paying OOP anyway.

BluewaterBrad
09-18-2010, 03:42 PM
If you don't like it then don't go.

plutolovr
09-18-2010, 04:13 PM
You have up until 72 hours prior to reservation begins to add the DDP. ??:cool:

Daisy'sMom
09-18-2010, 04:24 PM
I think you should give us more details. I have never once been hounded by Disney to purchase tickets. They don't have to, they have enough demand without "hounding". And what are you talking about, the dining plan? You mean you are already staying at a resort and think you can get the plan now? Why would you think that?:mickey:

disneymom2000
09-18-2010, 08:03 PM
I am sooo sorry you have had a bad experience. It appears by reading your post that you probably just found out about Intercot - so :welcome:. Please don't let this experience color your perception of how Disney works. You must have gotten a newbie Cast Member when you were getting your passes. Now that you have found us, all your questions can be answered before you make any decisions. I have been reading these boards for 10 years and these guys are a wealth of knowledge. Please test us.:geek:

Melanie
09-18-2010, 08:16 PM
I am quite perturbed by Disney's inaccessible dining plan. It's very unfair that we were hounded by "cast" members to buy 10 day-hopper tickets and now when we are visiting and staying at a resort, disney refuses to allow us to buy into the dining plan. Be very careful buying into the disney thing.

You are at the resort now?

HoosierDisneyFan
09-18-2010, 09:34 PM
Adding the DDP when you arrive at WDW (even if allowed) would not be a great option since ADRs haven't made in advance. You would likely be frustrated at the resturants available at that point. Disney is great but it does take pre-planning to get the most out of the expirence.

angua85
09-19-2010, 10:00 AM
Adding the DDP when you arrive at WDW (even if allowed) would not be a great option since ADRs haven't made in advance. You would likely be frustrated at the resturants available at that point. Disney is great but it does take pre-planning to get the most out of the expirence.

I am sorry for the OP's issues. It isnt logical that DDP not be add-able at anytime, so I can appreciate that the perception existed.

And frankly, I have never made ADRs and been delighted with the choices of restaurants available "day of" on the DDP. So, no pre-planning necessary.

Strmchsr
09-19-2010, 12:24 PM
And frankly, I have never made ADRs and been delighted with the choices of restaurants available "day of" on the DDP. So, no pre-planning necessary.

That depends on when you go and how picky you are about restaurants. If you go during a "free" dining period (like now) getting ADRs is pretty much impossible for some places. That doesn't mean you can't get them, only that you can't be very picky.

angua85
09-19-2010, 09:15 PM
That depends on when you go and how picky you are about restaurants. If you go during a "free" dining period (like now) getting ADRs is pretty much impossible for some places. That doesn't mean you can't get them, only that you can't be very picky.

True. But what I object to is the carte blanche "you MUST have ADRs" that I hear in these forums. We ate at Ohana's (and frankly the food was nasty but the show was great) without an ADR during September free DDP. I've eaten at Le Cellier (walkup but many years ago) and wont go back- I bought the Disney recipe book with the cheese soup recipe in it and nothing else was worth it.

We ate at places we wouldnt have picked based on these forums, and had a ball. So, just trying to urge people to try stuff out.

If you insist on certain places at the time you want, then yes, ADRs are a must. But sheesh- with a little flexibility, its amazing what adventures you can have.

kathiep
09-20-2010, 08:41 AM
We ate at Ohana's (and frankly the food was nasty but the show was great) without an ADR during September free DDP.

Did you mean to say you ate at the Spirit of Aloha Luau? There really isn't a show at O'hana - just the coconut races and limbo games for kids.

TikiLounger
09-20-2010, 08:54 AM
I don't understand. If you were "hounded" by a cast member to buy 10 day hoppers then, surely, he/she would have asked if you wanted the dining plan. Everytime I've booked a package, I've been asked if I want the dining plan... and I stress "asked", not pressured. I'll also add that, if I decide against it at the time of booking, I've always been told that I can add it anytime up to 72hrs. before my arrival. It's part of their spiel (for the cast members I've spoke to, at least) about cancellation policies, trip insurance, dining plans, resort changes, etc. If I make a decision and then regret it? I just don't worry about it and I don't blame Disney or their policies.