PDA

View Full Version : Oct 11-13... How are the crowds?

dreaminofmagic
09-17-2010, 09:50 PM
We are planning a very short visit this time! How are the crowds during this beginning week of October?

Tara :cloud9:

faline
09-18-2010, 05:01 PM
Well, that's a holiday and towards the beginning of the Food & Wine festival. I imagine both of those things will help drive the crowds up some so I'd expect moderate crowds.

Pocahontas
09-18-2010, 05:11 PM
Columbus Day (10/11) and the day after are normally very crowded and tend to thin out by the end of the week.

Urbss
09-18-2010, 06:29 PM
We visited on Columbus Day last year and honestly, we didn't notice any difference in crowd levels that would relate to the holiday.

The crowds seem to be very small this time of the year. The only real wait times are the very major attractions (TSM, Test Track, Soarin', etc.) and even these are not all that bad (depending on the time of day).

We are going again the same week.

grumpypima
09-18-2010, 07:28 PM
We are planning a short trip just before your dates, Oct. 7-10. I wanted to ask nearly the same question. Thanks for the good reading!

yjgirl32
09-18-2010, 08:18 PM
We will be there for those times so it's great to hear!

dreaminofmagic
09-19-2010, 06:08 PM
Thanks for a giving me an idea of crowds! I knew it would be more then usual, however, I am just hoping not to be too crowded. I've been do Disney when it's been insane crowds! So I figure this can't be anywhere near that!

BraddyB
09-19-2010, 10:04 PM
We will be there from the 11-18 and the crowd level is expected to be Really High, so everyone should change their reservations. What can't blame a guy from trying to keep the park to himself can you? ha ha ha ha :D

jenperich
09-20-2010, 02:19 AM
We were there last year during that week, and will be there this year during that week. We did not notice that the crowds were that bad. As a PP stated, the fact that it's a holiday and during F&W Festival, it will be busier. However, I do remember walking on to many things, and only waiting for the "big ticket" rides - all the mountains, Soarin, Test Track, etc.

Have a great time, maybe we'll all see each other!!

brivers222
09-20-2010, 11:43 AM
We will be there from the 11-18 and the crowd level is expected to be Really High, so everyone should change their reservations. What can't blame a guy from trying to keep the park to himself can you? ha ha ha ha :D

I heard the same thing... Supposedly disney is anticipating the parks to reach capacity at 9am... no point in anyone even attempting to leave their hotel rooms!!!! :secret:

BraddyB
09-20-2010, 01:51 PM
I heard the same thing... Supposedly disney is anticipating the parks to reach capacity at 9am... no point in anyone even attempting to leave their hotel rooms!!!! :secret:

I like the way you think !!! Bloomfield Hills huh, must be a Red Wings fan ;) I've been up that way before. I have an uncle that lives in Lake Orion.

brivers222
09-20-2010, 03:48 PM
Yep born and raised Red Wings, i bleed red!!! just moved there from Canton (slightly south of Bloomfield) I am getting used to the area and know right where lake orion is hehe

And actually I have spent the last couple weekends in Pittsburgh visiting my fiancees aunt. She lives in Ingram (sp?) but has been hospitalized with a heart condition at that Ohio Valley General Hospital.

More than likely she will end up coming back to live near us so that my fiancee can take better care of her. 6-1/2 hours apart is rough for making "check-up" trips