PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Weekend - how busy?

Gregandmel
09-17-2010, 05:39 PM
Just curious how busy the parks are over Memorial weekend? Our friends are going down and I told them I would ask! Wasn't sure if this was the major start of the summer crowds, or if it just starts "picking up" around this time. Thanks!!:thumbsup:

faline
09-17-2010, 05:41 PM
It's been a while since we've been over that holiday. We've found it manageable but reports in more recent years have suggested that the crowds have increased.

Tinker Fan
09-17-2010, 07:40 PM
We have been over Memorial weekend. The days leading up to the holiday were nice and slow but starting on friday until tuesday it got alot busier and crazy. The rides went from walk on to 2 hour or more waits and some fastpasses were gone for the day fairly early so we really had to plan. I did like this time of year because of the weather and crowds but i don't think i would go over the holiday weekend again.

ftwildernesskid
09-18-2010, 10:43 AM
How about the week following Memorial Day Weekend? Does it stay that busy or does it die down some again?

Mousehead35
09-18-2010, 10:50 AM
We were there this year the week before Memorial Day and I can tell you it was very busy, it was much more crowded then we had anticipated. We still had an awesome time, we just had to adjust our plans slightly to make sure we were able to do everything we wanted. :mickey:

LVT
09-18-2010, 04:14 PM
We thought Memorial weekend busy, but OK. We used to go during Spring Break, that taught us how to plan and use Fast Pass effectively.
The weather is wetter then. I think the official Florida "wet season" starts in Mid May. The temps were nice.

faline
09-18-2010, 05:10 PM
We've typically found May to be a fairly dry month.

When you get past Memorial day weekend, you are on the verge of the busy summer season. We've been a couple of time at the beginning of June and have had different experiences - on one occasion, we found the crowds to be quite light and were pleasantly surprised. One year later, we found the crowds higher than expected.

Once you get into late May, early June, schools begin to close up for the summer and the crowds begin to increase.