PDA

View Full Version : Yellow tag on stroller?

MuchLovedMama
09-17-2010, 05:17 PM
Can you put one of the yellow tags on your stroller and have it delivered to your room just like your luggage? Need a quick answer. Thanks!

faline
09-17-2010, 05:20 PM
Generally, most strollers are "gate checked" which means you wheel your stroller up to the gate, check it there, and when you disembark at the other end, our stroller is ready and waiting for you.

Wouldn't you need it right away?

MuchLovedMama
09-17-2010, 05:24 PM
It's for my friend who has an almost 3 year old and we don't get into Orlando until 7:40 PM so really no need for it that night. She thought it would be nice to just have it come with her luggage to her room.

faline
09-17-2010, 05:43 PM
I would imagine that it would be treated like any other piece of luggage with the Magic Express tags. If in doubt, I'd suggesting contacting Magical Express directly.

BrerGnat
09-17-2010, 06:50 PM
You could do this, but I guarantee the stroller will arrive broken, unless it's packed in a sturdy box or bag (like a golf bag). Strollers are fragile. If it's just checked as is, and thrown in a plastic bag, it'll likely break.

JenniferS.
09-17-2010, 07:35 PM
I checked a brand new double stroller which one of the wheel's got broken. It was still usable, but my husband had to jimmy the wheel to stay in place. I would take it to the gate rather than check it.

CleveRocks
09-17-2010, 09:10 PM
If you check the stroller just like you check any other luggage (NOT gate check it), then sure, it'll be delivered to your room with the rest of your DME luggage. DME will handle anything and everything that you have checked with your airline.

But if it's gate checked, it will be brought to the jetway and won't be put into the DME system like the rest of the DME luggage.

MuchLovedMama
09-17-2010, 11:58 PM
Thanks for all the replies. I did end up calling ME and they said to just put the yellow tag on it and it'd be fine. I'll warn her that there may be problems. I thought I read online that you had to check strollers with luggage on Southwest. Maybe I read wrong. Oh well, we leave in about 14 hours so I'm not gonna stress about it. It's not even my stroller. :party:

BrerGnat
09-18-2010, 12:07 PM
No, you don't have to check strollers as luggage on SW. We've gate checked a stroller on SW before.

BUT, it's considered a "child care" item that you can check for FREE (it's not subject to bag check fees) if you check it as luggage.

Seriously, though, put it in a bag. Remove the canopy, if there is one. If the wheels pop off, remove those too. Pack those things in a suitcase.

And, wrap some duct tape around the stroller's "latch area" to keep it securely closed.