PDA

View Full Version : AKL Summer 2010 July 29

1goofydad
09-17-2010, 09:03 AM
Today we were planning to do Blizzard Beach. We knew we would sleep in and then make lunch and head there but were playing it by ear because of the forecast. We slept in and Rick made breakfast again. This time it was egg and bacon sandwiches on begals. Yummy. Lisa, Melony, Molly and Noah went to Jambo for jewlrey making and crafts, the boys watched The Rock movie in the room. Rick, Connor and I headed to Premilum outlets for some shopping at the Disney Outlet store and more pins. We called BB off because the weather was iffy. Made it back to meet King Pin at Jambo. He is a cast member who trades pins M-F at 300. It was alot of fun and he had some special pins we could not find anywhere else.Thought we would do some pool hooping. Headed to OKW but as soon as we got there, they closed the pool because of an incomming storm. Now we are really glad we did not go to BB. Headed to Wilderness Lodge to try our luck there. Pool open. The water has almost too hot. Played and won "what is in your beach bag?" and headed back to our room. Rick and Melony treated us all to dinner at.......BOMA:number1:! We were all so hungry and were so happy to be eatting here. We had heard and read about it but had never eatten there. It was so good. Everything. I think my favorites was the gumbo, and the mushroom soup. OMG it was all so good:cloud9:. After dinner we headed back to the store for more pin trades and shopping. Up next EMH AK

faline
09-17-2010, 11:35 AM
Sounds like your alternate swimming plans worked out better than your planned trip to Blizzard Beach!

Did you eat a lot of your meals "at home"? We've done that on other trips when we've rented a condo but not at Disney. Did that work out well for you?

Rick McCord
09-18-2010, 12:13 AM
Yes, we only at out once at Boma. Melanie loves to cook and we ate well!;)

yjgirl32
09-18-2010, 08:43 AM
Good report- thanks for sharing.

SBETigg
09-18-2010, 08:45 AM
Rick and Melanie sound like terrific travel companions. What great fun you're all having, even when plans change.

RedSoxFan
09-18-2010, 09:43 PM
Loved Boma's. Sounds like a nice day.

Jennifer_and_Chris
09-20-2010, 04:28 PM
I would have been with you at the premium outlets! we always plan a stop there.

KylesMom
09-20-2010, 04:48 PM
It's funny you mention rain, because we didn't use our rain ponchos once this trip - quite a surprise for us! I think it rained once or twice while we were dining, but that was it. I'm sorry you didn't make it to BB, but it sounds like your day was just great regardless.

Nice morning of relaxing with everyone doing their own thing. Believe it or not, we have yet to go to the outlet mall!

I agree that the WL pool was incredibly warm this trip - as was the weather in general over these dates. DH and I didn't use the pool near as much as usual (although DS was down there quite a bit) becaue it just wasn't "refreshing". What a nice surprise with the dining reservation at Boma - glad you all enjoyed it! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-21-2010, 10:06 AM
Sounds like a wonderful day