PDA

View Full Version : La Cantina de San Angel review

Melanie
09-16-2010, 09:53 PM
I ventured over to Disney today in anticipation of eating lunch at La Cantina on the first day of the soft opening.

I got to Epcot around 10:45am and headed straight to the pavilion. I was taking a few pics of the area, and then I overheard a CM say they wouldn't be opening until 3pm this afternoon. BUMMER! I hadn't eaten breakfast and was super hungry. Oh well, some work needed to be completed on the flooring of the counter service seating it seemed.

So I went off to explore Epcot in the meantime. Thing is, my stomach couldn't be ignored. I had a Rueben Panini at Sunshine Season's at the Land to tide me over. But at the same time, that ruined my "lunch" plans. :(

After exploring Epcot for the afternoon, I arrived back at Mexico around 2:30pm. Still not open, so I explored the pavilion for a bit. Went inside, rode the ride, shopped around, etc. Went back outside and at 2:55pm they were already serving.

Decided at this point I was only hungry enough for nachos. Placed my order and got it within 3 minutes. Funny thing is...after being open less than 15 minutes, they were already passing out surveys. Took my survey and nachos and found a seat under the new gazebo. Lots of suits and CMs around. First day. ;) I felt like I was at a table service restaurant with all the attention I had.

What struck me while sitting there enjoying my nachos and tweeting (you do follow us at www.twitter.com/intercot don't you? :D ) is that maybe 6-7 of the tables under the gazebo would be ideal for Illuminations viewing. That's not many.

The nachos were good. They were nachos, you know? Tri-colored chips were cool, and it was just the right amount of beans, salsa and sour cream. I wish I were hungier. I'm disappointed my lunch plans got messed up with the timing, but I'll be back soon for some good chicken or beef tacos. And we're looking forward to our Thanksgiving night ADR at La Haciena.

SBETigg
09-16-2010, 10:34 PM
Wow, you know how to do Thanksgiving. I'll be home cooking for twenty.

Thanks for the review. I think it will be a good QS option. The seating looks comfortable if not great for Illuminations viewing.

SandmanGStefani24
09-16-2010, 10:37 PM
ah, so that WAS you tweeting!

Awesome report and pix. I am so jealous of you for being at Epcot on such a light crowds type day! I was also glad to see a review on the new place. Can't wait to see if for myself...

Melanie
09-16-2010, 10:42 PM
I am so jealous of you for being at Epcot on such a light crowds type day!

The crowds were unbelieveable today. No need for a FP on Soarin'? Unheard of! And that was still the case when I left around 4pm.

Melanie
09-16-2010, 10:45 PM
Wow, you know how to do Thanksgiving. I'll be home cooking for twenty.

Only because we're there for a basketball tourney. I'm cooking the day before at home. ;)

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-17-2010, 03:05 PM
Thanks for the review...sounds yummy