PDA

View Full Version : Universal in January/Hotel Question

Belster
09-16-2010, 04:46 PM
Hi All....

My husband and I want to take a long weekend trip to Universal in January...can anyone tell me what the weather is like at this time?

And...can you let me know about any good surrounding area hotels. I do not need to be on property as those hotels seem a bit out of my price range.

Thank you in advance for your help!!

John
09-16-2010, 04:55 PM
1) Weather - balmy. Can be 50 degrees one day and windy, 80 degrees and sunny the next. It's a gamble. Basically, you have to pack two sets of clothes... one for fall and one for spring/summer.

2) Where to stay - All Star Vacation homes has some gorgeous 2-3 bedroom condos literally across the street from Universal @ Vista Cay I've stayed there at least 3 times.

http://www.allstarvacationhomes.com/res/vista-cay-resort-vacation-rentals.asp

Many of their condos in and around WDW go for as little as $129 a nite and the accomodations be as nice as any disney hotel.

You can also try the Radisson Resort Celebration.

Aurora
09-16-2010, 05:57 PM
1) Weather - balmy. Can be 50 degrees one day and windy, 80 degrees and sunny the next. It's a gamble. Basically, you have to pack two sets of clothes... one for fall and one for spring/summer.

Pack layers!! We were there one year when the high temps were in the low 70s and the lows were in the 30s!!!

Belster
09-16-2010, 08:00 PM
Pack layers!! We were there one year when the high temps were in the low 70s and the lows were in the 30s!!!

Oh man!! I can see that we are both from Chicago too...30 may feel like summer at that time...lol.

Thanks for your help!