PDA

View Full Version : Do tables open up?

andrew&ryansmommy
09-16-2010, 02:53 PM
HELP! My husband and I are so upset..we are going to change our trip (probably) by 1 day so we can fly, and need to change our reservation, specifically for The Crystal Palace. There is NOTHING available for the time we are going...this was such an awesome experience for us when we went last year and if we cant do it, we will probably be more upset than the kids. I dont think it will stop us from flying vs driving, but thats how upset we are :( I know, I myself, have made a couple reservations for the same restaurant for different days (mean, I know) bc we werent sure which day we wanted to go, but my question is "Will tables open up?" Are there any loopholes to getting a reservation at this point (week of Dec.1)? TIA!

Strmchsr
09-16-2010, 03:29 PM
No loopholes, no, but tables do sometimes open up. That's less common than it used to be now that Disney has closed the loophole about being able to book 2 ADRs at the same time (thank goodness!), but it still does happen. If you're flexible with your dates and times you're much more likely to get what you want than if you are only trying for a certain day/time. You might try calling and having the CM check for your entire week. Also, if it's just about meeting Pooh & Friends, you can meet them at Epcot, DAK, and MK at Meet n Greets.

andrew&ryansmommy
09-16-2010, 03:35 PM
The overall character experience, atmosphere, and food were wonderful! We would love to do it again...the Tusker House at AK, on the other hand, was so crazy and chaotic when we went that we wont be looking to do that again! I guess I will keep looking..I checked for the whole week, for any meal and it was all booked!!! When we went last year we were able to book it about a month out :(

disneydear
09-16-2010, 10:34 PM
Keep trying. I just changed my adr for Crystal Palace from 4:05 to 6:25 for Oct 17. I checked every couple of days and finally struck gold tonight.:thumbsup: I even saw an opening for the very popular LeCellier on 10.14 which is almost unheard of. So, you never know,it doesn't hurt to keep looking. Good Luck:thumbsup:

RedSoxFan
09-17-2010, 12:53 PM
I had to tweak my ADR's as well because we are taking our niece with us. I had to change from a party of 3 to a party of 4. Was able to do it for every ADR but 2. I called Disney dining and they couldn't do anything for me. I will keep the reservations and keep looking for an opening. Not sure if I showed up with a party of 4 if they would accommodate us. Any one done that before?

Strmchsr
09-17-2010, 01:00 PM
Not sure if I showed up with a party of 4 if they would accommodate us. Any one done that before?

Nope. They won't unless it's a place that's empty. For fire code reasons they are only allowed a certain number of people in the building at any one time, so they're pretty strict on not increasing the party size. Now, if they have a cancellation and can accommodate a party of 4 they will, but planning that way is running a big risk.

RedSoxFan
09-17-2010, 01:15 PM
Thanks. That is what I was told by Disney Dining on the phone --- fire hazard. The ADR's were for Tutto Italia on our first night (12/11) and Tony's for 12/13. I'm leaning towards a late lunch at the Plaza Restaurant and then CS later that night at MK instead of Tony's. We have free dining also.

faline
09-17-2010, 01:46 PM
I've probably cancelled at least one reservation (or more) on each of our last 4-5 trips - just decided we didn't want to eat at the location we had booked 3-6 months earlier so, clearly, that opened up those slots for other diners. I'm sure others must do the same so, of course, table may open at the last minute (or anytime between now and the time you want to eat there).

I'd suggest checking on-line each day - perhaps several times per day between now and the time you leave. On our trip last December, it took me until 2 days before we left but we got Chef Mickey's for a party of 5 for breakfast at a time we wanted!

Ropachs
09-17-2010, 03:06 PM
I've probably cancelled at least one reservation (or more) on each of our last 4-5 trips - just decided we didn't want to eat at the location we had booked 3-6 months earlier so, clearly, that opened up those slots for other diners. I'm sure others must do the same so, of course, table may open at the last minute (or anytime between now and the time you want to eat there).

I'd suggest checking on-line each day - perhaps several times per day between now and the time you leave. On our trip last December, it took me until 2 days before we left but we got Chef Mickey's for a party of 5 for breakfast at a time we wanted!

Agreed. I just canceled 2 adr's, for our December trip, last week. And if we don't wind up doing the DDP, I may possibly cancel another. It's got to be changing all the time, keep trying!

Ian
09-17-2010, 04:29 PM
FWIW, when we took the kids down this past February we went without a single ADR and ate at every restaurant we wanted to as walk-ups. No problems at all. In fact, virtually every time we were seated immediately. The only exception was Le Cellier where we had to wait a shocking five minutes. :secret:

RedSoxFan
09-17-2010, 07:51 PM
Well, I've been trying since July to get LeCellier. And I just got it for Dec 12 at 6:15pm for 4 people. DH is very excited as this was the one place he wanted to eat at. I had originally booked Hollywood/Vine and DH wasn't crazy about that place. I also got Chef Mickey's for Dec 11 at 8:15pm. I'm hoping to be able to get an earlier time and I'll keep checking!!