PDA

View Full Version : Disney Rewards Picture question...

MuchLovedMama
09-16-2010, 12:03 PM
I know if you have a Disney Rewards card you can go to Innoventions West at Epcot and have a picture taken with some Characters and get a complimentary 5x7. My questions are:

1) What characters are there?

2) Is it pretty crowded?

3) Are you able to have this picture sent to your resort like other purchases? I hate to have to carry this around all day and I don't think I can wait til the end of the day because I think I saw somewhere that they only do this until 4:30 or so.

Thanks in advance!

DisneyMom12
09-16-2010, 12:25 PM
You won't know who the characters are till you go in. You don't get the pic right away, you have to go to photo shop by Spaceship Earth, I can't think of the name of it right now. So if you wait till you are leaving to go you won't have to carry it all day. The closer to park closing the longer the line is. I believe if you went earlier you could have it sent back to your hotel.

faline
09-16-2010, 01:16 PM
Others have reported long lines but we've gone when there are only a few folks in line ahead of us. The characters change out so you won't really know ahead of time who might be there.

BigRedDad
09-16-2010, 02:08 PM
Lines can be different all the time. I went and there were 10 families in front of us. An hour later, no one was there and we played with Mickey and Pluto for almost 15 minutes.

You can get any 5x7 free from the Kodak store on the right side of SSE as you come through the entrance.

dmallan
09-16-2010, 06:19 PM
On our last trip we went through Innoventions several times hoping to take advantage of this, but the line was really long. Then on our last day we stopped in and there were only a few people in line. So, it's anyone's guess. It's really not out of the way to just go through the building on your way from one side of the park to the other, so you can just swing by and if you happen to catch it at a good time, stop for the picture.

Just a clarification though, you have to show your Disney Visa card, not your disney rewards card.

Ropachs
09-16-2010, 08:43 PM
So, do they take a bunch of pictures and then you can choose one free and purchase more?

Definitely have to take advantage of this Visa perk next time!

BigRedDad
09-17-2010, 04:59 AM
They take a lot more than if you went through a character line out in the park. I think they took about 20 the last time I was there. When we spent 15 minutes with them, they took a lot more. They were taking candid shots of my daughter playing with the characters. Since no one was in line, they just let her play with them.

Ropachs
09-18-2010, 09:07 AM
Thanks BigRedDad!

phillydan
09-19-2010, 10:06 PM
We have done this twice on 2 different trips: both times we had Mickey, Minnie & Goofy. The wait was not too bad, but we did pass by a few times if there were more than 5 families ahead of us. Once inside, they do not rush you and will gladly take pics with your camera. You pick up your photo on the way out at night next to Spaceship Earth (on the left, as you are exiting).