PDA

View Full Version : Crowds for 11-15th December

Disney Buff
09-16-2010, 10:16 AM
This is my first time going down around this time. I wanted to go after the Taping of the Chirstmas Parade and Pop Warner and before Christmas. Now all the offers that have come out and other comments has me wondering. So do you think it is going to be bad? What do ya think? Still plan on going and enjoying the Disney atmospher and Christmas decorations so it is what it is but just wondering.

Strmchsr
09-16-2010, 10:37 AM
Early part won't be too bad. Crowds will increase towards the end of your vacation. Just keep in mind that almost all of December is pretty busy now. It's become a very popular month to go, no matter the week. However, the crowds are definitely manageable so don't worry too much. Just use fastpass when necessary and enjoy the atmosphere.

Joannelet
09-16-2010, 11:32 AM
That is true..the beginning portion of your week will not be as crowded as the end of your week. You will still be able to do all the rides and enjoy the decorations.
And don't forget to visit some of the resorts!! They are decorated so nicely!!!

eeyorepoohfan
09-16-2010, 12:00 PM
:mickey: My DH and I went Dec 10-15th last year and are doing so again this year. The first few days of our trip were super low crowds. Most rides were near walk-ons and we were easily able to get fastpasses for the big rides (even mid-day). We would see the major fastpasses run out by mid-morning or lunch time (Toy Story, Space Mountain, Soarin). By the last day or two of our trip we did notice an increase in crowds, however, we felt it was still very easy to navigate the parks and were still able to jump onto rides very quickly. Less than 15-20 minute waits the entire trip! So just remember to hit the big attractions early in the day and grab fastpasses for later. We found it to be very enjoyable and we LOVED all the Christmas decorations! I couldn't imagine going any other time of the year now. :blush:

RedSoxFan
09-16-2010, 09:10 PM
We are going Dec 11--19 and I hope it is not too crowded. But I figure it can't be nearly as crowded as our visits during Thanksgiving week. And we are now bringing our niece who will be 14 (DD will be 14 too) who has never been. We can't wait to see her face when she gets there.