PDA

View Full Version : For those whom have traveled Jet Blue & cancelled tickets

Dyanna
09-16-2010, 10:07 AM
Hope I am posting in the correct place. If not please forgive me. MY dd has recently broken up with her long time BF. We have a trip to WDW booked for this coming Jan 2011 in which BF was to go with us. My ? is what is the best way to use/not use BF's airline ticket? Should we just cancel his seat & spend an extra $100 for doing so or should we just swallow the ticket in general & have him as a no show the day we fly & leave the seat open with no penalty charges. Is there a loophole in which we can use his plane ticket for someone else??? Its a non-transferable ticket so I dont think I have too much to stand on. Please let me know my best option. Thanks!

disneymom15
09-16-2010, 11:23 AM
No experience with Jet Blue, but, once with Midwest we were able to transfer a non-transferable ticket to another person. My daughters friend was going to come to Disney with us 1 year. She was acting up at home and her parents grounded her. It cost $50 to change the ticket. It was very easy. All we had to do was write a letter stating reason for ticket change and present it to the airline ticket counter. I would call Jet Blue and see what they say.

faline
09-16-2010, 11:47 AM
Just recently dealt with a similar situation with Jet Blue. We were able to cancel the ticket. From that amount $100 was withheld as the cancellation fee. The remaining value of the ticket was placed into a credit bank with JetBlue. The money in the credit bank was used to purchase another JetBlue ticket in the name of a different individual. Any money in the credit bank is available for one year from date of the transaction (In this case, the transaction was the date of cancellation). After that time, the money would be forfeited. Additionally, the money in the credit bank can be transferred to another person.