PDA

View Full Version : WOC Picnic vs. Ariel's Grotto

egospotter
09-15-2010, 11:02 PM
I am having a tough time deciding between the two. I understand that the preferred area for Ariel's Grotto diners is obviously the best view but I am having trouble justifying the extra cost.

There are two of us, so the picnic would be $30 and the way I figure, with tax and tip, Ariel's would be about $90. So for anyone with WOC experience, do you feel that the better view (and meal) is worth the extra $60?

Also does the preferred area fill up fast or are diners able to wander in closer to show time? That would make the cost a little more worth it to me if we didn't need to be there super early to stand and wait!

This will be our one trip to Disneyland for who knows now long (last time I was there was 1995) so we want to do this "right." We already have reservations for the Fantasmic Dessert deal and that was to be our one splurge - if not for that I wouldn't have issue with reserving Ariel's Grotto. Any input would be great. Thanks!

Phantod
09-16-2010, 04:20 AM
If you don't hear in the meantime, we're doing Ariel's Grotto on Sunday, 9/19. I can provide some feedback after we get back.

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
09-16-2010, 06:47 AM
It isn't the food you are paying for (well according to Disney it is), but the view is worth the extra $$$. You will be less sardined in the viewing area and not have 9-ft guests in front of you.

:smickey:

egospotter
09-19-2010, 10:53 PM
Thanks for the input!

We decided to bite the bullet and reserved Ariel's Grotto for 10/10. :)

Richard - I would still love to hear about your experience!

Lizzie
10-10-2010, 10:41 PM
Looking for anyones experience too.

CaptSmee
10-11-2010, 03:51 PM
The food was surprisingly EXCELLENT and the view was incredible! I don't know where the other areas are since it's the only time I've seen World of Color, but the viewing area is directly across from the Mickey Funwheel. The area was not as congested as I thought it would be with room to move around easily.

I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. If you are at the first showing get there early, they had a pre-show that they did with giant character puppets and I was told by others with me who had seen other shows that they have never seen that before. It was a wonderful evening and a great show.

FRANKTASMIC
10-23-2010, 05:51 PM
I booked the Picnic meal on line so that I wouldn't have to get there early for the fast pass distribution. Around 12:30 we went over to pick up our meals and they noticed that my duaghter was wearing her birthday button. They were packing up our lunches and had given me my fast passes for the blue section, when another cast member ask to see my tickets and exchanged them for the yellow area. We were right in front of the Mickey Fun Wheel, one level down from the top. Great view, we didn't get the rail but we were right behind the people who did. our section was not busy and you could freely move around. I don't know how the blue section would have been, but I was happy with the yellow section. The meals were ok. We had the european (meat and cheese) and my kids had the kids meal, and recieved a lite up World of Color braclet. Each meal also got a World of Color bag (tote) which are pretty sturdy. Wife liked that. So all in all the Picnic meal was a great deal....

NotaGeek
10-23-2010, 09:24 PM
I booked the Picnic meal on line so that I wouldn't have to get there early for the fast pass distribution. Around 12:30 we went over to pick up our meals and they noticed that my duaghter was wearing her birthday button. They were packing up our lunches and had given me my fast passes for the blue section, when another cast member ask to see my tickets and exchanged them for the yellow area. We were right in front of the Mickey Fun Wheel, one level down from the top. Great view, we didn't get the rail but we were right behind the people who did. our section was not busy and you could freely move around. I don't know how the blue section would have been, but I was happy with the yellow section. The meals were ok. We had the european (meat and cheese) and my kids had the kids meal, and recieved a lite up World of Color braclet. Each meal also got a World of Color bag (tote) which are pretty sturdy. Wife liked that. So all in all the Picnic meal was a great deal....

:thumbsup: Thanks for the review!