PDA

View Full Version : MNSSHP question

amorillo
09-15-2010, 11:29 AM
Keep in mind I haven't been to this event since 2003!....

On my last visit there was a cast member in liberty square who would tell the story of the headless horseman... and just as he finished... he rode by! It was so cool! Any word whether this still takes place?

We also got to ride the riverboat and hear ghost stories and hear the "cadaver dans" sing! Definitely one of my favorite disney memories! (but I see the riverboat isn't even listed on the event map for this year... too bad) Although, it looks like the woman who told the ghost stories is sitting out in front of the haunted mansion! Will have to check that out!!

So excited to be getting back for the party this year! Can't wait!!! :mickey:

Strmchsr
09-15-2010, 12:37 PM
I've never heard them telling stories, but the Headless Horseman still makes the ride just as the parade is starting. Very cool to see.

BellesRose
09-15-2010, 01:01 PM
I've never seen them telling the story, but I saw someone posted a video of it on youtube, which makes me want to go see if they still do it. I would totally love it! Where was this at in Liberty Square? Near Sleepy Hollow refreshments?

amorillo
09-16-2010, 09:27 AM
The dressed up cast member came right in front of the liberty bell to tell his story! It was awesome! I know I have video of it somewhere... but unfortunately it's on an old video camera... need to have it transferred to dvd!

And the Riverboat ride was awesome! The Ghost woman who told the stories was so fabulous! The dapper dans were all dressed up... hence the new name cadaver dans :D and as we came around the river by the haunted mansion... they started singing grim grinning ghosts! Those guys are amazing! :cloud9:

That was also the year we did the 999 Happy Haunts Ball! Loved that! Too bad they stopped doing it! :(