PDA

View Full Version : Room without a room request

SteveO
09-14-2010, 06:28 PM
I see lots of threads re: room requests. I've always sort of left the room I get up to chance; and sort of figured that if an upgrade, for whatever reason, was in my stars, then the room request might cancel that out. I've yet to be disapointed in the room I have been given. So now I've been thinking; if lots of people have make room requests, are they all getting (well, not all but you know what I mean) the "prime" rooms since they knew what to request and I get the "leftovers"? Anyone know the inner workings of how rooms are actually assigned?

kakn7294
09-14-2010, 06:31 PM
I kind of agree with you and generally just leave it up to the resort room assigner. The only time I actually made a room request, I didn't get it and ended up sorely disappointed.

SBETigg
09-14-2010, 07:15 PM
I've never made a room request for a particular room or building. I feel that path probably does lead to disappointment. I'm not sure those requests are often met. I've been told that the less specific you are and the less you request, the more likely you are to get what you want- not as far as actual room number, but considering what is most important to you. Keep it basic.

For us, we prefer rooms with a balcony (vs a patio or none at all). We usually make that request (depends on resort) and have always gotten it when requested. If we were more specific, say, must be a certain building or certain room, probably not as likely and in fact, we might not even end up with a balcony room because the main effort would be put into getting me into that particular room or building, possibly to no avail. If I added to ask for, for example, a corner room with a balcony, I might end up with a corner room or with a balcony, but possibly not both. So I stick to what's most important to me and possible to accommodate without too much trouble, and only ask for that.

akaDisneyDreamer
09-14-2010, 10:36 PM
Our first trip was 3 years ago, and we only booked a month in advance, standard room at AKL. That was all that was available and we didn't know what to ask for anyway since this was our first trip, however our travel agent let us know we were lucky to get a room at AKL in July at such a late notice! When we arrived we were unknowingly upgraded to a pool view! It was a great room! The next year we booked a pool view room at AKL 6 months in advance, we didn't put in any requests, but got a real nice room just a few doors down from the room we had the first time. This year we booked 6 months in advance for a garden view at the Poly, and since there were so many buildings at this resort, we researched and asked questions and decided to put in a request for the Tokelou building, upper level (for a balcony) and we got our request. It was a really nice room, with a nice view. So, we've booked with and without requests, and have yet to be disappointed.:donald:

SteveO
09-15-2010, 07:33 AM
Thanks for the responses. I've got a YC water/pool view reserved; my dream is a view of Cresent Lake close to the lobby. Is this combination possible? I've not stayed at the YC before (I am very much looking forward to it) It looks like a lot of what are lake view rooms are quite a hike from the lobby/bus stop.

brownie
09-15-2010, 07:43 AM
We'll generally request a particular building, but we don't get down to a specific room or location within a building.

AllDisney
09-15-2010, 07:56 AM
The only requests we ever make is NOT to be on the first floor of any resort we stay at.

We've always been granted our requests:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-15-2010, 09:47 AM
We asked for a ground floor room close to bus stop last time and got it.:mickey:

Jennifer_and_Chris
09-15-2010, 01:47 PM
I gave specific Treehouse numbers on our last trip. I got my #2 Treehouse villa request! The cast member even said, my #1 request would be open in the middle of the week if we wanted to move.

She was a fellow Michigandar - her hometown was only about 15 minutes from ours - and she went above and beyond. And we did online check in!

This October, I'm torn between putting in a request and doing online check in or putting up our room to fate.

azcavalier
09-15-2010, 02:53 PM
The only requests we ever make is NOT to be on the first floor of any resort we stay at.

We've always been granted our requests:mickey:

I've been granted that every time, and i've never even requested it! Seriously....we've probably gone ten times over the last 8 years, and not once have we been on the ground floor...

Mousemates
09-15-2010, 05:04 PM
We have gotten most of the requests we have made (and when we've not, we've actually been upgraded)...but our requests have tended to be fairly general....things like "end of building farthest away from Chef Mickeys" or "side of wilderness lodge which faces the Contemporary Resort"...or a specific building at GF or the Poly. I figure general requests are easier for room assigners to work with and thus are more likely to be given attention when things can be worked out.