PDA

View Full Version : Vacation countdown "tickers"?

Dsnygirl
09-14-2010, 03:28 PM
I'm sure this question has been asked before, but I didn't see it and can't find the answer anywhere... is there going to be a possibility of adding vacation countdown tickers to our signatures? I noticed a friend of mine has one on another site & thought they were pretty neat, hadn't seen them before.

I'm guessing they may use up a lot of memory or space, so that may be why we don't have them on here, which is fine -- I'm in the dark when it comes to stuff like that. :blush: But, thought I'd ask anyway, in case I'm wrong!

:thanks:

Carol
09-14-2010, 06:09 PM
Hi Blythe -

No. No plans on allowing ticker countdowns. It's not a memory issue it's a 'look" issue. We like to keep the threads free of clutter. Hence, we don't have photos, huge text, signatures etc.. in the forums.

We've found over the years readers prefer not to have to sift through all of the 'extras' to find the text to read.

:)

John
09-14-2010, 06:14 PM
To add on to what Carol, it also allows insertion of code into the site (pulling it remotely) which can slow the site down.

We try to keep things clutter free and fast around here.

You can manually update your signature file to count down the days if you want - as some of our members do.

Dsnygirl
09-14-2010, 08:26 PM
Thanks for the info -- I don't mind so much, just wondered. I'd rather have our site fast and user-friendly... :thumbsup: