PDA

View Full Version : DDP and Keys to the World Card

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-14-2010, 10:16 AM
My son will be 17 on our next trip to the world and we have agreed to give him some freedom in the park...he has a healthy appetite and I would be afraid he would clean out our snacks and CS credits...is there a way to load just one room card with the dining credits? That way everyone has to meet up for meals. Or do I have to just threaten him with taking away his alone time and make him stay with the parents:thedolls:

LVT
09-14-2010, 06:38 PM
Wouldn't that be difficult? I thought many people reported leftover snack credits?
I would give him the control and issue reminders about the value of the different credits. He could charge small value items to the room for OOP and keep the more valuable credits for suitable items.

jillluvsdisney
09-14-2010, 07:15 PM
What you want to do will not be possible. All the keycards/passes are connected to the reservation and the parties included. Yes, he could wipe out the counter service and snack credits is theory.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-15-2010, 10:00 AM
Ok thanks, I know we were able to load one room card with cash to use for souveniers so I had hoped to do that with the dining plan. I will just to have to trust him to be responsible.

diz_girl
09-15-2010, 01:38 PM
If he really does need more food each day than the DDP allows, then limit him to $X per day in snacks/CS to charge to the room, in addition to the 1CS and 1 snack per day that he gets. In this scenario, I'm assuming that you'll get together for a meal each day and use the TS credit.

An extra $20 per day should cover an extra CS and snack per day, or a few snacks each day, which should be enough, but of course set an amount that suits you. Warn him if he charges more than that amount, then it's coming out of his pocket. If he doesn't have the cash, then he makes it up in chores (that he doesn't like) when you get back home. That might make him a little more mindful of what he buys.