PDA

View Full Version : Mickey & Minnie's House

DisneyPrincess21
09-13-2010, 10:31 PM
Any word on when they will be closing Mickey & Minnie's house?

Bethis26fan
09-14-2010, 09:51 AM
I have heard some people say early spring. I don't now if that's true or not.

DisneyPrincess21
09-14-2010, 12:48 PM
I have heard some people say early spring. I don't now if that's true or not.

I certainly hope that's true, i would really love to see them one last time during my upcoming December trip. :fingers:

mickeyman42
09-14-2010, 03:38 PM
any idea if they'll move them/keep them somewhere else? or are they going to be gone for good?

minnesotafreeze
09-14-2010, 06:55 PM
I hope they just move them. My son loves those houses.:mickey:

DisneyPrincess21
09-14-2010, 07:40 PM
I hope they just move them. My son loves those houses.:mickey:

I'm 25 & I love them too :secret: :blush:

johnO
09-14-2010, 10:18 PM
Here's a question....if they chose to move them, where would be the best place to move the houses to in WDW?

paragon
09-15-2010, 06:24 AM
Here's a question....if they chose to move them, where would be the best place to move the houses to in WDW?

I don't know if they ARE moving them, but if they are, I think a good spot would be off to the left behind the castle, where the old skyway entrance is, putting them in between FL and the HM. They would be centralized, and close to Cinderella castle. Since MM is after all the star of the park, he should be near the middle. I don't think there is any other area that works, unless there was a little road off of Main Street, leading to thier houses. That would work too.

crltkcagle
09-15-2010, 01:34 PM
I don't know if they are going to keep them or not I have heard both rumors. But DH and I were talking about it and he found a perfect place to put the houses and Donald's boat. The little secret path by the Speedway that no one hardly ever uses would be the perfect spot. It can be called Disney Lane and it would be a street (or neighborhood) for the characters. I really hope they do decide to keep the houses because we all love them!

paragon
09-15-2010, 04:37 PM
I... The little secret path by the Speedway that no one hardly ever uses would be the perfect spot. It can be called Disney Lane and it would be a street (or neighborhood) for the characters.

Oh, THAT is a great spot too!

joonyer
09-15-2010, 04:52 PM
. . .But DH and I were talking about it and he found a perfect place to put the houses and Donald's boat. The little secret path by the Speedway that no one hardly ever uses would be the perfect spot. It can be called Disney Lane and it would be a street (or neighborhood) for the characters. I really hope they do decide to keep the houses because we all love them!

The problem with that location is there is not near enough room along that path for the houses or Donald's boat. They could do character greets along there, like they do at the parties, but there's not enough space to move the houses unless they develop they space on the other side of the railroad tracks.

Now if they would take out the speedway, then there are lots of options.