PDA

View Full Version : Disney Buys Busch Gardens in Williamsburg?

Captain Ed Teach
09-13-2010, 09:53 PM
Just throwing a crazy idea out there. Any chance "New expansion plans at Busch Gardens Williamsburg" could be a purchase by Disney for that one property (big public announcement on 9/18 with first 1500 passholders invited)?

Disney America fell through a decade ago (so Disney targeted VA in the past), BG would seem to be an easy rebranding (Anheuser-Busch sold their parks to the Blackstone group last year and BG is a very clean award winning park), the location is close to recession-proof DC (less than 3 hours), and the secrecy is reminiscent of the way Disney hypes things. I know some of the 10 former AB parks compete in cities with Disney, but would the former parks be worth more individually than as a package? Is the Blackstone group expanding any of the other former AB parks?

DizneyFreak2002
09-13-2010, 11:56 PM
Just throwing a crazy idea out there. Any chance "New expansion plans at Busch Gardens Williamsburg" could be a purchase by Disney for that one property (big public announcement on 9/18 with first 1500 passholders invited)?

Disney America fell through a decade ago (so Disney targeted VA in the past), BG would seem to be an easy rebranding (Anheuser-Busch sold their parks to the Blackstone group last year and BG is a very clean award winning park), the location is close to recession-proof DC (less than 3 hours), and the secrecy is reminiscent of the way Disney hypes things. I know some of the 10 former AB parks compete in cities with Disney, but would the former parks be worth more individually than as a package? Is the Blackstone group expanding any of the other former AB parks?

Doubtful Disney is purchasing Busch GArdens....

BellesRose
09-14-2010, 02:18 PM
Aww, I kinda wish that would happen! But then what would become of Busch Gardens Tampa? It's too close to Orlando yet too far to be another Disney Park. If it ever did happen, though...I would totally support it!

brownie
09-15-2010, 07:28 AM
It doesn't make much sense. Why only sell one park to Disney? Disney has never made an aquisition like this, either. I think they'd be much better served building from the ground up rather than buying an existing park.

plutoboy
09-17-2010, 02:35 AM
No way that is going to happen!! All of the former Busch parks were purchased less than a year ago by Blackstone. No way that Blackstone is letting any of those parks go especially if they can compete with Disney. Blackstone also has a 50% stake in Universal Orlando, in addition to owning SeaWorld Orlando and they are the parent company to the Legoland park opening later next year on the old Cypress Gardens property.