PDA

View Full Version : Tony's review

LiloLovesTheKing26
09-13-2010, 07:38 PM
This was our second time eating here. The service was really good but the menu had changed and the mushroom ravioli I got last year is no longer available. I ordered the spaghetti and meatballs and my husband and sister had the chicken parmesan. Both were ok but I could make better from home. For dessert we had pistachio creme brulee and tiramisu. Both were really good. For my birthday when they brought us to our table it was decorated with mickey sparkle confetti and streamers! They also brought out a hot fudge sundae with a candle so that was really nice! Over all though I think we are done with Tony's. There are too many other places I would rather go.

AllDisney
09-14-2010, 08:04 AM
Tonys is a OK place. It's nothing to write home about. We eat there every few years just because there aren't that many TS restaurants in MK and we don't feel like leaving the park and then returning.

faline
09-14-2010, 08:17 AM
It used to be a favorite spot for breakfast. Too bad it's no longer available!

Jared
09-14-2010, 09:05 AM
It used to be a favorite spot for breakfast. Too bad it's no longer available!
It seems a lot of people miss breakfast at Tony's! Too bad lunch and dinner there fails to meet expectations.

I rarely read positive posts about this restaurant nowadays. I love the location and theme, but the food remains underwhelming.

Thanks for the review!

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-14-2010, 09:38 AM
We ate their in December 2008 and had really good service and enjoyed the desserts, the food though was:sick:

AntMagsMom
09-14-2010, 03:16 PM
We just came back from our trip yesterday and ate there Sunday night. It was okay. I don't know whether I'd eat there again. We were not on the dining plan and honestly I wish my son and I just split a meal as we ordered the same thing and probably each only ate about half. They give you a ton of pasta. We both got the chicken parm.

Zawadi
09-14-2010, 04:00 PM
I like Tony's but some of the menu items fall into the category of a cheap Diner. Last year I had a steak that came with a bottle of a commercial steak sauce.

LiloLovesTheKing26
09-14-2010, 07:25 PM
I wonder if the dining plan is to blame for the decline in menu selections?? I loved the mushroom ravioli I got last year. I can cook better spagetti and chicken parmesean then what we got at Tony's. At least the service and atmosphere were good!! :)

tinka
09-14-2010, 08:16 PM
We eat at Tony's every time we go, and have never had bad food or a bad experience. I guess maybe we just always hit it on a good night!

Jennifer_and_Chris
09-14-2010, 09:56 PM
We were thinking about trying Tony's just becase of the location. I'm thinking no now....

brownie
09-15-2010, 07:37 AM
Thanks for the review. We're trying Tony's for the first time at the end of November. I'm looking forward to seeing the theming of the restaurant more than the food, I think.

NJGIRL
09-15-2010, 10:16 AM
Tony's is the one place I don't think I will ever go back to. Food was bland and over priced for what we had.

ncrohrs
09-15-2010, 11:10 AM
We are trying this restaurant for the first time in Feb. 2011, our next trip. Since we have never been, I have been doing extensive searches on reviews, all which seem mixed.

Like all things at WDW, and especially restaurants, I feel everything is worth a first try. The atmosphere sounds great and the food choices will fit my picky kid eaters. It along with Crystal Palace, are the two MK places we are trying this trip.

Hoping for a fun time and some decent food! Like I said, worth a try, right?;)

joonyer
09-15-2010, 11:15 AM
We have only eaten at Tony's once, found the food to be OK, but not great, waiter's service was fine. We prefer Liberty Tree or Crystal Palace for TS at MK.