PDA

View Full Version : Sanaa review

LiloLovesTheKing26
09-13-2010, 07:38 PM
This was our first time eating here. The service was great! We had the Naan appetizer that included 3 huge pieces of naan and we got to choose 3 out of 6 dipping sauces. It was delicious! My sister and I had the Tandoori Chicken and basmati rice it was yummy!! My husband had some sort of seafood dish that had scallops, shrimp and salmon. He liked his too!! For dessert we had the chai cream (was almost like a chai creme brulee) and my husband had the vanilla coconut rice pudding. The pudding was just ok but the chai cream was heavenly! For my birthday they put a candle in my chai cream.

Nini
09-13-2010, 07:50 PM
I'm glad you liked it! My husband and I are considering dining here on our next trip. Would you describe the Tandoori for me? I've never had it.

Thanks!
Denise :mickey:

LiloLovesTheKing26
09-13-2010, 08:05 PM
It came in a bowl in big chunks. It tasted sort of smokey with a great indian flavor. It came with some curry dipping sauce. It was fantastic!! If you got to photobucket.com and type in Sanaa tandoori chicken someone has posted a pic of it!!!

SBETigg
09-13-2010, 10:39 PM
We had a wonderful lunch at Sanaa, braised short rib and shrimp curries for me, served with rice (you choose two curries, served together). Delicious. The view of the animals made it all the more fun. We also started with the Naan and sauces, which was phenomenal. We were seated at a window and we saw giraffes, ostriches, two zebras getting frisky, and other birds and roaming animals. Good service, great food. And I agree, the chai cream was delicious, but I also loved the rice pudding. I had a dessert sampler, and everything was great. Sanaa is on our list of recent favorites.

Nini
09-13-2010, 11:22 PM
It came in a bowl in big chunks. It tasted sort of smokey with a great indian flavor. It came with some curry dipping sauce. It was fantastic!! If you got to photobucket.com and type in Sanaa tandoori chicken someone has posted a pic of it!!!

Hmmmmm...actually, I've never had curry, or any type of Indian food. It sounds like something I have to try though, especially since I love spicy foods.

Thanks,
Denise

SBETigg
09-14-2010, 07:23 AM
Hmmmmm...actually, I've never had curry, or any type of Indian food. It sounds like something I have to try though, especially since I love spicy foods.

Thanks,
Denise

The curry at Sanaa is flavorful, but not particularly spicy. Just so you know what to expect.

Jared
09-14-2010, 09:13 AM
Thanks for the review! Everything about Sannaa appeals to me and I anxiously await my first meal there. It receives virtually universal praise on this board!

:)

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-14-2010, 09:33 AM
Sounds interesting...thanks for the review:thumbsup:

LiloLovesTheKing26
09-14-2010, 07:29 PM
I LOVE indian food!! Alot of people mistake it for ALL being spicy. Yes some of it is but alot if it is just sooo flavorful and rich!! YUM!!!

Jennifer_and_Chris
09-14-2010, 09:59 PM
We are staying at AKL Kidani this October. I hesitated to make a ressie here due to our schedule and such, but, I'm thinking that we may do dinner here on our arrival day. hmmm...

MinnieMommie
09-14-2010, 10:35 PM
Thanks for the review. You make the food sound very appetizing. We are staying at AKL in October but DH is not very adventuresome when it comes to food. I will have him read this and maybe he will be persuaded. :mickey:

brownie
09-15-2010, 07:35 AM
Thanks for the reviews. We're eating at Sanaa at the end of November. Our son wanted to stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge, which wasn't in the budget, to see the savanna. Eating at Sanaa was the compromise.

PalmettoKev
09-19-2010, 01:54 PM
We were there over the 4th of July weekend this year and it was superb! Loved the selection, the atmosphere/decor was great and the service was excellent. We'll go back as often as we can. Don't miss it, if you can help it. :mickey: