PDA

View Full Version : Week #1 the NFL - The good the bad and the ugly

gueli
09-13-2010, 09:26 AM
Welcome NFL fans, to a spot where you can tell everyone else about what you saw on the first week of the 2010 football season.
How did your team do ? What was the best thing you saw ? What worries you about your/other teams ? So tell us about the GOOD, the BAD and the plain old UGLY that you saw this week. :thumbsup:
Go Team :cheer:
Have fun.
Thanks
Gueli

PS I know the weeks not over yet 2 more monday night games to go !!!
:D
:beer:

Go Jets !:number1:
:cheers:

jenperich
09-13-2010, 01:34 PM
Our Patriots had a pretty good first week. Bunch of interceptions, good offensive connections, and good running made for a decent game. The only thing worrying me at this point is our defense - good, but definitely could be better. Only first week, we will certainly see what happens. A win is a win!

GO PATS!!!

Ian
09-13-2010, 02:37 PM
Eagles ... all ugly ... no good ... no bad ... :ack:

Pagan
09-13-2010, 04:16 PM
Dolphins:

Good: Defense - swarming, what I've always wanted to see from them. Thank you, Nolan.
Running game - ground out 136 yards, but with Brown and Williams, what do you expect?
Marshall - immediate impact. Just his presence freed up Bess and Fasano to make big plays.
Dansby - the man's a beast.

Bad: The dropped bomb by Marshall - granted, it was underthrown, but he should have made that catch.
The dropped pick sixes - there were two of them, would have blown the game wide open.

Ugly - nothing really.

barnaby
09-13-2010, 10:12 PM
Eagles ... all ugly ... no good ... no bad ... :ack:

I wish they would have kept McNabb and traded Reid.
Different cast - same story. :(

gueli
09-13-2010, 11:15 PM
Different cast - same story. :(

:funny:

gueli
09-13-2010, 11:27 PM
Ok here goes-

The Good - The D. Sanchez did not throw an int (but we will get to the rest in the bad and ugly), and special teams played well. Oh and an honorable mention to LT who still has it.

The Bad- wow where do I start. Jenkins gone for good ? The penalties - you know personally I saw plenty of 'non-calls' against the ravens, but if the guy was wearing white & green, the flag came out. Now I am not saying cromratie (oh I am not looking up the spelling of his name) did not commit fouls, but there was plenty that under normal circumstances would not have been called. But any way lets get to the Offense.
The bad- the offense. Shaun green fumbles x2. drops critical pass. JC droppes ball. sanchez lays out keller to nearly have his head taken off by ray lewis.

The UGLY- Brian Shottenheimer's play calling and prep. Yeah sanchez did not throw any int's but what the point when you are calling such a bland game. Offensive line had no answer when ravens blitzed. No consistancy. The defense gave the jets 6 out of the 9 points scored & special teams gave the last three !!!
Simply pathetic.

also an ugly shout out to tannenbaum- way to go, cut the o lineman who you still had to pay 2.3 mil, draft the rookie & expect him to fill in. I am sorry it takes at least 5 games for an o line to jell and your left tackle looks like it will take till next year.

With this said, I expect the jets to start like 0-3, then recover and hopefully go to 10 & 6. But if the Offense doesn't perform, forget about it.

Oh and final note- the Ravens outplayed us. Hats off to them for a job well done.

but anyway,
Go Jets
Win loose die or tie:beer:

Pagan
09-15-2010, 11:29 AM
I'd be worried about the pass D too bro. Cromartie and that rookie got toasted often. Revis should have been on Boldin that night. I don't understand why he wasn't.

diz_girl
09-15-2010, 01:10 PM
Has the 'easily injured' baton been passed from McNabb to Kolb? I mean really. First half, first game, WHAMO, concussion. Why can't we get someone as durable as Jaws?

joonyer
09-15-2010, 01:25 PM
Good: Texans' play against the Colts

Bad: Falcons' loss to Steelers

Ugly: Jets' offense against the Ravens.

Ian
09-15-2010, 02:05 PM
Different cast - same story. :(Yeah, I knew that would happen. McNabb was a part of the problem for sure, but only a small part compared to The Walrus.

He is, without doubt, the most overrated head coach in the NFL. He's horrible. Their off season "personnel moves" (and I call them that tongue fully planted in cheek ... they cut payroll and that's all they did) just crippled this team. They've got a team full of nobodies who'll be lucky to win 6 games.

Has the 'easily injured' baton been passed from McNabb to Kolb? I mean really. First half, first game, WHAMO, concussion. Why can't we get someone as durable as Jaws?Well ... I'm not sure Jaws was "durable" as much as it is that back in the day they just didn't care if you "got your bell rung."

I'm sure Jaws was banged up a ton and played games not knowing his own name, but they just let him go. It's different these days.

Pagan
09-15-2010, 02:41 PM
Well ... I'm not sure Jaws was "durable" as much as it is that back in the day they just didn't care if you "got your bell rung."

I'm sure Jaws was banged up a ton and played games not knowing his own name, but they just let him go. It's different these days.
There was a player from that era on ESPN radio this morning (didn't catch the name) who said just that.

It wasn't known as a concussion, it was a "headache." and if you didn't get back out on the field you were considered "soft".

Thank goodness for the players of today we know better, or there'd be a shortage of drool cups in a few years.

Ian
09-15-2010, 02:58 PM
There was a player from that era on ESPN radio this morning (didn't catch the name) who said just that.

It wasn't known as a concussion, it was a "headache." and if you didn't get back out on the field you were considered "soft".

Thank goodness for the players of today we know better, or there'd be a shortage of drool cups in a few years.Yep ... heard that, too. He was an old-time offensive lineman who played for Lombardi on the Packers. He was trying to make the team and he got a massive concussion during a Saturday night pre-season game.

He couldn't remember his own name ... he didn't know where he was ... and his wife had to come pick him up and drive him home after the game. He had bad headaches all day Sunday and on Monday, when he reported to practice, Lombardi sent him out to do four hours worth of one-on-ones against Ray Nitchske.

He lived, so Lombardi kept him on the team. That was his "physical" to prove he was fit to play. In his own words, "If I would have died I guess I wouldn't have made the team."

joonyer
09-15-2010, 05:52 PM
That was Bill Curry, who played for Lombardi, and whose audio clip of his experience surviving his "Nitschke exam" was on "Mike & Mike" this morning. He was the starting center for the Packers (Super Bowl 1) and the Colts (Super Bowls III & V), and also the Oilers.

Ian
09-15-2010, 05:53 PM
That was Bill Curry, who played for Lombardi, and whose audio clip of his experience surviving his "Nitschke exam" was on "Mike & Mike" this morning.Yep. That's what I heard.

gueli
09-16-2010, 10:31 PM
I'd be worried about the pass D too bro. Cromartie and that rookie got toasted often. Revis should have been on Boldin that night. I don't understand why he wasn't.

Rex didnt want to tire the island out...

Their pass d other than revis can be helped, and the rookie should have safty help, untill he has a chance to be good. Cromartie is OK, but he is no island :D

am I worried...nah, we aint going no where.
:beer: