PDA

View Full Version : owl post

dobby2010
09-12-2010, 08:54 PM
Hi, I have a question I think hasn't been answered yet about WWOHP. I am looking forward to sending my family mail from the owl post, but do I need to bring my own postcards/stamps or how does that work? Thanks! Will be there Wednesday and am super excited, especially for some :beer: (butterbeer)

murphy1
09-13-2010, 11:19 AM
I'm not sure on answer, but can you post on your visit and how the crowds are now that school is back in? Have fun!

BellesRose
09-13-2010, 07:30 PM
Sorry I don't know the answer either, but is butterbeer like root beer? I've been hearing all about how great it is but I've seen kids drinking it, so I assume it doesn't have alcohol.

Maleficent's Dad
09-13-2010, 07:31 PM
I am looking forward to sending my family mail from the owl post, but do I need to bring my own postcards/stamps or how does that work?
You can buy HP postcards and HP Stamps right there. There's even a stamp (not official US Postmark) from the owl post.

dobby2010
09-13-2010, 07:39 PM
Great, thanks for the info. Will send my family harry potter postcards.

I will make sure to post about crowds when I return next week, I'm hoping it'll be light since its a wednesday during the school year, though I'm sure it'll still be somewhat crowded.

Butterbeer is sort of like root beer but butterscotch flavored, I'll let you know how I like it.

Bethanymouse
09-21-2010, 08:37 PM
We mailed our family postcards from there this summer. Just be aware, when we were there it was nothing too fancy. An outside stand just stamping, just black stamps on whatever postcard we handed her. I expected more.

dobby2010
09-22-2010, 11:21 AM
Just got back and thought I'd tell you all the deal in case anyone was wondering. The previous poster was right, the owl post was very disappointing. Just a cart where they stamped your postcards, thought it would be more. I had to buy my own postcards and postage. The only stamps they had there were sets that were something like 14.00, super expensive. I just had them stamp the postcard then mailed it from my Disney resort where I could get cheap postcard stamps.

SallyP
09-23-2010, 05:32 PM
Sorry I don't know the answer either, but is butterbeer like root beer? I've been hearing all about how great it is but I've seen kids drinking it, so I assume it doesn't have alcohol.

No alcohol, very, very sweet liquid butterscotch candy. It would be much better to serve it in 8 oz size portions instead of 16 oz.