PDA

View Full Version : POP or CBR

JoDisney
09-12-2010, 02:33 PM
Which resort would you choose between the two listed, POP or CBR only? The resorts are close in price with the discount. Many seem to shy away from CBR. Just interested in your opinions on these two.

DisneyPrincess21
09-12-2010, 03:01 PM
Which resort would you choose between the two listed, POP or CBR only? The resorts are close in price with the discount. Many seem to shy away from CBR. Just interested in your opinions on these two.

I love love love CBR! I finally have found my "home resort". I fell in love the minute i got on property last December. It makes you feel like you are truly in the Caribbean, all the flowers and lush tropical landscaping, the colors, beach, and my personal favorite the steel drum music that is playing.

It is the most relaxing resort! Each village has it's own quite pool which is almost always empty, the laundry room is in the same area so you can swim while doing your laundry. There is a huge really nice pool at the main area of the resort, located next to the gift shop & food court.

Very neat food court it feels like you are walking outside on the streets in a little caribbean town. The gift shop is also themed nicely.

Also, the pirate rooms are amazing, very well themed and decorated. Stayed in one last year & staying in a pirate room again this December.

I 100% suggest giving CBR a try

AllDisney
09-12-2010, 03:33 PM
I'd pick CBR. The grounds are really nice & the main pool is very cool:thumbsup:

The food court is very nice with lots of great choices. Lines always seemed to move fast.

RedSoxFan
09-12-2010, 04:13 PM
CBR is a wonderful resort.
The grounds are beautiful.
Bus service was pretty good.
My kids loved the pool.
Food court is pretty good too.
The resort has a beachy feel to it.

LudwigVonDrake
09-12-2010, 05:16 PM
Just to be different I'll say Pop :D

I've never stayed at CBR so I don't have an opinion.

Pirate Granny
09-12-2010, 05:21 PM
Love the hammocks on the beach at CBR..but like the price at Pop better...depends what and how much time you spend it the resort.

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
09-12-2010, 05:23 PM
I have stayed at both. For me it comes down to what you can afford. We are going in May, and with free dining, we will be staying at CBR. POP was our second choice.

JoDisney
09-12-2010, 05:27 PM
I went with CBR. I have not been there in years. Preferred was not available which I wanted. I just got standard and asked for Jamaica or Aruba. I know it is not guaranteed but it does not hurt to ask. There were no water views available either. The passholder rates went very fast. I got the standard passholder rate which is fantastic.

Daisy'sMom
09-12-2010, 05:52 PM
Both of these are my favorites, POP being number one. There were a few things I did not like about CBR, sometimes the bus takes forever and the walk to the food court can be a bit long when you are craving that morning coffee. That and the extra cost makes it a no brainer for our family. POP has everything we need and want in a Disney Resort. But then again we don't spend alot of time at the hotel.
No matter where you stay, you will have a wonderful time, you'll be at Disney!:mickey:

JoDisney
09-12-2010, 07:21 PM
The price difference was minimal this time with my discount.

MuchLovedMama
09-14-2010, 09:33 PM
I've stayed at both and I'd take POP over CBR any day. We didn't care for CBR. We thought it seemed too run-down. We're going back for the 2nd time this weekend. If they were the same prce I'd still pick POP. We'll never do CBR again. That was our first Disney Resort and it gave us a bad impression of Disney Resorts until we stayed at POP 2 years ago.

tgsanford
09-14-2010, 10:24 PM

We have stayed at both CBR and POP, and I 100% recommend CBR. The food court is good, the main pool is awesome and the grounds are nicely kept.