PDA

View Full Version : Ohana or Chef Mickey for breakfast

Flames24
09-11-2010, 03:35 PM
I was just able to get Chef Mickey for our last day of our trip but now I have to cancel one of the two. I have eaten at Chef Mickey before and I loved the characters but did not like the food that much. I have never eaten at ohana so I don't know much about it. Any opinions I would appreciate it.

disneymom2000
09-11-2010, 09:38 PM
You didn't say if you had kiddos with you or if you were doing any other character meals, but if you weren't very impressed with the food before I doubt it would be any different this time. O'hana has an excellent breakfast - especially their skillets. I think you will get a lot of conflicting suggestions on this one.

Flames24
09-11-2010, 10:15 PM
I am going with my inlaws and my one year old. We are doing some other character meals( crystal, garden grill, and hollywood and vine

DizneyRox
09-12-2010, 09:35 AM
Actually, there are better character meals on property. Neither are on my list to do again, although you'd have a better chance of getting me back into Chef Mickey's than Ohana's.

Jared
09-12-2010, 09:38 AM
Actually, there are better character meals on property. Neither are on my list to do again, although you'd have a better chance of getting me back into Chef Mickey's than Ohana's.
To once again prove there is no such thing as a consensus around here, I have the exact opposite opinion. I don't care much for either place, but I would absolutely try 'Ohana before Chef Mickey's. I prefer the family-style serving style to a buffet, and I simply don't like Chef Mickey's. I've never had a particularly good experience there.

WDWCrazyKaren
09-13-2010, 09:20 AM
That question made me laugh. Simply because no trip is complete for my family and me if we don't have both! Chef Mickeys is absolutely a must on our first full day in the parks, and O'Hana comes whenever we can fit it in. Truthfully however, we only do Chef Mickeys becuase it's tradition. Not because the food is good. It's really only standard fare. The food at O'Hana's is better (in our humble opinions) and the pace is a little less frenetic than Chef Mickeys. If we could only choose one, based on the food, we would pick O'Hanas. But that's just us. :mickey:

smokester653
09-13-2010, 10:15 AM
Ohanas! :cloud9: :lei: :stitch:

nfrustaci
09-13-2010, 12:05 PM
OHANA.............love the potatoes and the juice. the eggs were light and fluffy, the sausage was good too....was a nice relaxed atmosphere. keep in mind that that they add gratuity to your bill. we had 6 adults and my 1 year old and they counted him as a person not for eating but for the gratuity. so if you arent satisfied with your waiter then u will have to pay the standard gratuity anyway. we were more than happy with the wait staff so it didnt bother us. just thought it was presumptious of them to do that since my infant didn't get anything at all not even a plate of his own.

nfrustaci
09-13-2010, 12:06 PM
oops we had 5 adults and my infant. so then it would be 6 total. sorry about that

southerngirl
09-13-2010, 12:46 PM
We've been to both with our DS (who will be 2.5 yrs on our December trip). We far and away prefer O'hana. CM is very loud and crowded, and I didn't think it was particularly easy to manage with an infant, because one of us would have to sit at the table, while the other one got our food, and we were worried we'd miss characters, etc. At O'hana, you sit, and they bring the food to you, and you never miss the characters. Plus, we find the atmosphere to be so much more relaxing than CM. I personally loved the food MUCH better at O'hana, too.

whitney37354
09-13-2010, 01:49 PM
Ohana was our best character breakfast of the week.:number1:

PalmettoKev
09-19-2010, 02:00 PM
Ohana without hesitation. Chef Mickey's can be more chaotic, plus the setting is better at the Polynesian I think. Have fun! :mickey:

K8screen
09-19-2010, 03:36 PM
We had a bad experience with wait staff at Ohanas, but that was at dinner some years back, so I dont generally recommend it, but I think if the food is good and you dont get the waiters we got, Ohanas is a nicer place to be

GoofyforFun
09-19-2010, 09:41 PM
That question made me laugh. Simply because no trip is complete for my family and me if we don't have both! Chef Mickeys is absolutely a must on our first full day in the parks, and O'Hana comes whenever we can fit it in. Truthfully however, we only do Chef Mickeys becuase it's tradition. Not because the food is good. It's really only standard fare. The food at O'Hana's is better (in our humble opinions) and the pace is a little less frenetic than Chef Mickeys. If we could only choose one, based on the food, we would pick O'Hanas. But that's just us. :mickey:

We Love the CM costumes . Got to have my pic with Goofy in his Chef Costume. Sometimes we only arrive in the evening and our ressie is fora eve at CM to get a Disney feeling and hopefully watch the fireworks from there.

MinniesMom
09-20-2010, 07:54 AM
Ohanas....the food is better!

momof3boysinTN
09-20-2010, 08:05 AM
Chef mickeys is a must for our family every trip but we have also done Ohanas and we loved it!! So I dont think you will be disapointed either way!! :mickey:

wire0monkey
09-20-2010, 12:24 PM
My family and I don't like 'Ohana mostly because we don't like the "family skillet" type of meal. I really prefer to have my own choices either at a buffet or from a menu. My kids agree.

I'd pick Chef Mickey because I want to have choices.