PDA

View Full Version : Main Lodge at Animal Kingdom??

garthbarth1
09-10-2010, 10:37 PM
Hello :) We are leaving in four days:cloud9: and staying at the AK for the first time. I was wondering if anyone can help me figure out a room request. We did not book a Savannah view as we are on a tight budget (our home is being remodeled while we are gone :) )We would like to be close to transportation, so I assuming the closest is the main building. Im not sure the name of it? Also, we may wonder to the pool one day...which pool is the most popular, and at what part of the resort is it located..I am assuming there will be a walk. Lastly, we are on the CS dining plan....I believe we will get a refillable mug? Where can we get these filled? Thank you for any help and advice :)

LynBug
09-11-2010, 12:18 AM
AKL is awesome! You will have so much fun :cloud9: The Jambo house is the main AKL house. We did a pool view the 2 times we have been there. It's a good view, mostly nice trees in front of the balcony, and it's close to the pool. The walk to the buses isn't too far at all. It's just down the walkway to your left when you exit the main doors at AKL. The Mara is where you can refill your mugs. It's right by the pool area. We've only stayed at AKL and the Poly, but AKL is definately my favorite :mickey:

BigRedDad
09-11-2010, 07:23 AM
Take a look at the map. It is a large resort so you could have a potentially long walk depending on where your room is. We had a room staring back at Sunset Savannah. It was a long walk to the buses and could have been much longer.

The walks are enjoyable because of all the decor. There are many places to stop and see the different animals as well.

If you have kids, check out the kids activities. They are a blast for children, especially the bead activities. If you complete all bead activities, you get a final bead. I think there are 5 activities you have to complete. They have a schedule of the events. Kids enjoy it.

garthbarth1
09-11-2010, 08:57 AM
Thanks for the replies :) Any room numbers that are better than others....like rooms in the 200 0r 300s, or something like that?
We dont mind walking a bit, we had to do that at the Boardwalk last year. We may or may not go to the pool, just depends on how we feel. Is there a hot tub there as well??

TammiMcMan
09-11-2010, 10:13 AM
Just so you know, you're kind of too late to call them and put in a room request. By now, your reservation has been downloaded to the resort and anything you add to it now, most likely won't be seen by anyone. I would suggest that you skip the online check-in and that way, you can take your time with the CM at registration and figure out which room is a good match for you. You can print out a layout of the resort, which will give you a good idea of where everything is located http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/maps/images/aklodge07.JPG. Bring that along and you can ask the CM who's checking you in, to see if there are any rooms in an area that you like. Arriving early usually means more rooms to choose from. The later you get there, the less they have in inventory.

Gator
09-11-2010, 02:06 PM
When it comes to the AKL, the rooms will be good regardless. If it's close to the lobby, it makes for short walks. But if it's far, then you will get great long walks in the halls where they have giant glass walls that look onto the savanah. It's like getting to the AK before you actually get there.

Also, my philosophy is this. Whenever I get a room I requested (once), I'm disappointed. Whenever I get the pick of the CM, I end up with a room I really love. Weird, huh?

BugeyedMuggy
09-12-2010, 12:51 PM
They have the best hot tubs I have seen. They are not right around the pool but off the pool area with foliage around them to make them private & romantic.