Travel Dates:

August 21st through August 30th

Resort:

Coronado Springs Resort
Casitas Section
Building 2
Room 2332

Background:

As I have mentioned in earlier reports, some of us have just returned 11 days ago from a short trip. The week long trip now begins.

Saturday, August 21st

On this trip we are using the free dining offer with 8 day park hoppers. Therefore, the plan is to arrive early, so we can make the most out of the tickets. Little wrench in the plans. Courtney has called from college and needs several items that she had left at home as well as some documents she had that needed our signature. We will have to make a pit stop over to Melbourne. Which means we will have to leave slightly earlier than we have planned. Not too much of a problem so far, but with these changes brings a traffic jam outside of Washington lasting all the way to Richmond. Ron is not pleased, but we forge ahead and eventually hit some open road again.

Side note: I have recently been in contact with an old friend from High School through Facebook. He lives in North Carolina and often mentions the smell of Plumeria around his home. In all the trips we have taken we have never noticed this until now. The scent is overpowering and it seems almost as if someone is actually spraying a body mist in our car. We receive constant whiffs of it throughout the entire state. It is a lovely scent.

No further traffic trouble along the way, and we arrive in Melbourne about 6:00 AM the next day. We do not spend a lot of time here, just time to sign documents and quick hugs. Courtney needs to get back to sleep and we need to get on the road again.

Sunday, August 22nd

We pull into Coronado Springs about 7:30 AM and check in. We are chastised by the cast member for not having checked in online. I had intended to do so, but never found the time. He then asks us our room preference. I tell him preferably something close to the food court or bus stop. He then proceeds to tell me that he is supposed to put us in Ranchos, that everything else is reserved for conventions. He says no one is supposed to be placed in either Cabanas or Casitas, that conventions are top priority. Yes, I get that, no need to tell me further. He proceeds to tell me that one more time, but that he is going to do me a huge favor and place me in Casitas anyway, even though I have not checked in online. The guy is seriously starting to rub me the wrong way. Finally, check in is complete and we make our way to the room for some showers.

Once we are showered and ever so slightly rested, we make our way to the bus stop, not at all close to the room by the way. We are heading to Hollywood Studios since we have an early dinner ADR at 50's Primetime Cafe. Once there, I have a little business to take care of. Since I have been making several short trips each year with Courtney down there at school, I have decided to upgrade my 8 day park hopper to an annual pass. With that in hand, we enter and officially begin our vacation.

Part 6 to come soon

faline
09-10-2010, 02:36 PM
Ugh! Traffic! Slogging your way through jams can be so tiring! Glad you all arrived safe and sound!

While the cast member may have been a bit annoying, Casitas is a good section to be in as it is close to the main building. Usually, we walked tot he main building and caught the bus there instead of at the Casitas section.

RedSoxFan
09-10-2010, 03:15 PM
Glad to hear you arrived safely. Can't wait to read more about your trip.

DisneyorBust
09-10-2010, 05:30 PM
Sorry to read about the traffic and the CM at check-in definitely not a good way to start the trip. Looking forward to the rest of your day in DHS, I know that it will be so much better!

yjgirl32
09-10-2010, 06:36 PM
sorry to hear it's not going well. Hope the rest of the trip went better.

vizsla
09-11-2010, 05:13 AM
Thanks for the report.

Mousefever
09-11-2010, 06:25 PM
Sounds like the check-in guy was a little in love with his power over guests.

Amy

princessgirls
09-12-2010, 04:23 PM
Traffic in DC is soooo annoying!!!!

However, other than annoying CM at check in you are off to a GREAT start!!!

Julie:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-12-2010, 06:55 PM
Thanks for the report, the CM probably thinks you were impressed with his efforts;)

Suz36
09-12-2010, 07:01 PM
Back to the magic! Can't wait to hear about your fun in the parks.

Beach Club Babe
09-16-2010, 11:14 PM
Sorry I haven't been around to finish these reports. I've been sick!:ill:

KylesMom
09-20-2010, 01:04 PM
Shouldn't we call this "Whirlwind Part Two"? As I mentioned before, I don't know how you guys drive back & forth like it's nothing. Amazing! Hey, although Ashleigh's at home, at least you had an excuse to see Courtney & give her a hug, right?!

I agree with Amy, sounds like the CM checking you in was the "greater than thou" guy we've all seen before. Ugh. Congratulations on upgrading to that A/P, though!

I'm sorry to read that you've been ill - I hope all is well now. Off to officially begin this trip report! :mickey:

DizNee143
09-25-2010, 10:10 PM
not a bad start to the second trip..:mickey:

Joannelet
09-27-2010, 03:11 PM
Wow how exciting is this!!! 2 trips to the best place on earth in 2 weeks!! It can't be beat!

pdrlkr
10-12-2010, 11:12 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-12-2010, 03:48 PM
No matter the day/time, whenever we go anywhere near DC, it's traffic as far as the eye can see. Same thing with Atlanta.

Anyways... reading on.... :thumbsup: