PDA

View Full Version : First night what to do??

mickeyman42
09-10-2010, 08:45 AM
we are looking to book carribean beach from feb 26-mar5 but cannot get into CB until feb 27th (with the free dining promo). So I'm wondering what should we do for our first night (the 26th) we could stay somewhere near MCO or should we book ASMu and just go over to CB early the next am and pickup our tickets (even though or room would not be ready) and go on our way? flight arrival is not a factor as we could arrive anywhere from 1pm to 10pm if we wanted. I would think it would be easier to arrive early, hop on the ME to ASMu and then the next am get a taxi over to CB and pickup our tickets, what do you think?? is there anyway to leave our luggage at CB all day until our room is ready?

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-10-2010, 09:44 AM
There are some really good deals for cheap rooms around MCO, so if you end up flying in really late, that might be the best idea.

But, if you're able to get an earlier flight, I would get it and then check in to All-Stars and enjoy my time at Disney. You could head to DTD for some shopping, have a meal at a resort, etc and be all in the mood and ready to go the next morning.

Yes, it is a fairly short cab ride over to CB, and they will hold your luggage for you if your room isn't ready, so you can get your tickets, get all checked-in and head right out and enjoy the parks.

faline
09-10-2010, 10:29 AM
Also, when transferring among Disney hotels,they will transport your luggage from one to the other though it may not arrive until later in the day.

When we have done this, we have typically taken a cab from our first room to our second, brought our luggage with us, stored it at the new location, checked in, and started our Disney Day!

Disney4us2
09-10-2010, 12:01 PM
I am doing that in December. We fly in on 12/1 and will be staying at ASMO for one night. Will take a taxi over to CBR early in the AM to get our tickets/key, stash the luggage and hit the parks. I am sure I could have had a room for less off site, but I like the idea of going right to the resorts.... just that much closer to WDW:cloud9:

We land around 4:30pm, head over to Movies, maybe some mini golf before going to Kona Cafe for dinner:mickey:

Have fun planning and hava a great trip

BigRedDad
09-10-2010, 01:53 PM
I went through the same dilemma. We land at 7PM and it would be a waste to spend $100 for one night somewhere.

I did Priceline near MCO for 3.5 star hotels. Put a bid in of $45 and it got rejected. Logged in a few hour later, put a bid in for $40 and it was accepted :confused:. We are at the Marriott Orlando Airport with free shuttle to and from the airport. We are going back to MCO first thing in the morning to meet my sister and hop on DME.