PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know why the parks are closing at 7pm this weekend?

Kim Possible
09-09-2010, 10:04 AM
I'm sorta confused as to why the MK is closing at 7pm both friday and saturday. I asked one of my friends who works there and he said it has to do with the fact that labor day is over. Is that the real reason or are they doing some sorta CM preview?

diz_girl
09-09-2010, 10:32 AM
It's the Night of Joy weekend. In case you're not famililar with it, it's a Christian/inspirational rock music festival. It usually falls the weekend after Labor Day.

Ian
09-09-2010, 11:16 AM
Yeah ... it's a hard ticket event similar to one of the holiday parties only Christian rock focused.

I have to say (just to give you some insight) that we decided to go once, not because we're Christian rock fans but just to get the extra hours in the park, and it was by far the worst WDW experience of my life.

I cannot even describe to you how poorly behaved the crowds were. I've never seen such rowdy, out of control teens. It was unreal. To give you an idea of just how bad it was, we had paid like 40 bucks or something to get in for three extra hours and we left after only an hour. We just couldn't stand it.

Figment!
09-09-2010, 11:18 AM
See the Night of Joy (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/../infocentral/park/nightofjoy.asp) section of INTERCOT info Central for more details. :mickey:
(http://www.intercot.com/discussion/../infocentral/park/nightofjoy.asp)

Kim Possible
09-09-2010, 02:26 PM
thanks guys! sounds like it's not worth it to me... all i wanted was to see wishes

badkitty
09-09-2010, 10:05 PM
thanks guys! sounds like it's not worth it to me... all i wanted was to see wishes

There should be some type of fireworks and you can view them from the TTC.

Disnamic Duo
09-10-2010, 11:03 AM
Yeah ... it's a hard ticket event similar to one of the holiday parties only Christian rock focused.

I have to say (just to give you some insight) that we decided to go once, not because we're Christian rock fans but just to get the extra hours in the park, and it was by far the worst WDW experience of my life.

I cannot even describe to you how poorly behaved the crowds were. I've never seen such rowdy, out of control teens. It was unreal. To give you an idea of just how bad it was, we had paid like 40 bucks or something to get in for three extra hours and we left after only an hour. We just couldn't stand it.

Ian, were they as "poorly behaved" as fans at an Eagles game?

Ian
09-10-2010, 11:09 AM
Ian, were they as "poorly behaved" as fans at an Eagles game?Significantly worse.

BellesRose
09-10-2010, 11:19 AM
I've been 3 or 4 times and the kids were loud but I didn't see anyone making trouble. I'd be in trouble if I tell you who misbehaved yesterday though.

They do not have fireworks during Night of Joy, so you won't be able to see Wishes at all the next couple of nights.

Disnamic Duo
09-10-2010, 04:14 PM
Significantly worse.

WOW! And there was a fan actually murdered at an Eagles game last year! These kids at NOJ must be a bunch of thugs!

Ian
09-10-2010, 04:32 PM
:rotfl:

If you say so!

PirateLover
09-11-2010, 12:42 PM
WOW! And there was a fan actually murdered at an Eagles game last year! These kids at NOJ must be a bunch of thugs!
What on Earth are you talking about?

darthmacho
09-13-2010, 04:56 PM

It looks like you behaved like a true Christian and turned the other cheek...and made a run for it! :D

That is an unfortunate circumstance though. That's why I call them "Stinkin' Teens!"

Ian
09-13-2010, 07:34 PM
That is an unfortunate circumstance though. That's why I call them "Stinkin' Teens!"Ha ha ha ... yeah, you know I should probably just be clear here. I don't believe the fact that these folks were ill-behaved was, in any way, related to them being Christians.

I think it was simply a case of tons of young teens turned loose in Disney World behaving the way teens do in that situation.

I suspect had it been a gathering of teenage football players or teenage cheerleaders or teenage water skiiers or teenage chess players or teenage moose lovers it would all have amounted to the same thing.

kms1066heb
09-18-2010, 10:12 PM
I did attend Night of Joy and was sadly disappointed as a Christian that the Youth Groups were behaving as badly as any teens today. Honestly, once teenagers are left on their own most become disrespectful, rude, obnoxious brats. Not all, just some.

With that being said, the rock groups themselves were awesome. I love Third Day and went Saturday specifically for their show. They did not disappoint! They TOTALLY ROCKED THE PARK! They were awesome and the crowd was well behaved for the show. It was only at the rides and food venues that any kids were unruly.

GrumpyFan
09-22-2010, 12:05 PM
I've been to NOJ once in 2007, and really enjoyed it. The problem is a lot of local churches will bring bus loads of kids in and there will only be a handful of adults to chaperone. So, the ratio is something like 10:1 or higher, and then they just let them go in the park. When we were there, we didn't really notice any teens misbehaving, but then we spent most of our time actually at the concerts listening to music.