PDA

View Full Version : ?? re: room only reserv./package reserv. & staying in the same room...

Dsnygirl
09-09-2010, 03:12 AM
So -- this question is for those of you who have added on a "room only" ressie on to a package - preferably at the beginning of your stay, as that's how we will be doing it...

When you "check out" from your room only reservation and then "check back in" the next morning to begin your package stay, are you usually kept in the same room, or do you actually have to pack up and move to a new room??

We will be adding one night on to our AKL reservation next year, prior to the night our "free dining" package starts as the free dining offer doesn't start until that next day, and I'm hoping if we book the "room only" reservation early enough before our arrival that they will just link the two and keep us in the same room.... I'd really hate to have to get up and move the next morning, instead of being able to just get our tickets and get on our way to the parks!

Anyone have any experience with this??

DizneyRox
09-09-2010, 05:12 AM
Depends... It's possible that you'll need to move, although I don't recall ever having to do that in my years. As long as it's noted on the reservation that it is a continuing reservation, chances are you won't have to physically move. If the category of the room changes (view, etc) then there is a good possibility.

BigRedDad
09-09-2010, 10:19 AM
If the room level is the same, then you most likely will not need to move out. If it is a different level room, then it is definitely a possibility.

renecat
09-09-2010, 11:04 AM
As long as your room level is the same for both reservations you will most likely stay put. We did this last year at the Poly and stayed in the same room for both reservations. I know they don't guarantee this. When you check in just ask the CM.

Dsnygirl
09-09-2010, 04:16 PM
:thumbsup: Thanks for the answers... another reason why I love it here! :) Our room category won't change, so here's to hoping we'll just stay put... phew!

lindique
09-09-2010, 07:13 PM
:thumbsup: Thanks for the answers... another reason why I love it here! :) Our room category won't change, so here's to hoping we'll just stay put... phew!
When you make the second reservation for the room-only, ask the CM to link the two reservations together. That way, they will already know that you are staying when they assign your room. Of course, you should also mention it to the desk CM when you arrive - tell them that you have a "continuing reservation" and ask if they can block your room. There shouldn't be a problem - I've done this on numerous occasions.

Dsnygirl
09-10-2010, 07:44 AM
When you make the second reservation for the room-only, ask the CM to link the two reservations together. That way, they will already know that you are staying when they assign your room. Of course, you should also mention it to the desk CM when you arrive - tell them that you have a "continuing reservation" and ask if they can block your room. There shouldn't be a problem - I've done this on numerous occasions.
Thanks for the tip -- I always use MJ, and have a feeling they'll know to link them, they're always a step ahead of me. :thumbsup: But I'll still mention it when checking in -- can't hurt, right?? :)