PDA

View Full Version : T-Rex - Is it a Good Choice for Us?

Goes4FastPass
09-08-2010, 07:14 PM
We have some DTD time scheduled on non-park day... and an ADR at TRex.

We'll have a little guy dinosaur fan in tow and the menu seems OK.

How's the food? Will this be a "good" meal for us?

Everytime I've walked by TRex it seemed like there were a jillion people waiting outside. With an ADR should we expect to be seated soon after our ADR time?

Thanks for replies!

elmjimmlm
09-08-2010, 07:37 PM
We had an ADR and had no problems getting in...We were seated between the bar and the ice cave and it was very entertaining...Lots to choose from for adults as well as kids...Our kids loved it and want to go back each time we are in DtD...I thought that the pricing was more reasonable than most in the parks...I bet you will love it...Have fun and watch out for the meteors...:thumbsup:

Strmchsr
09-08-2010, 08:58 PM
I thought the food was decent, but overpriced for the quality. The design of the place is really fun and if you're doing it for your child, then it's great. If you want to have any kind of conversation...forget it. Too loud, especially during the meteor shower.

JPL
09-08-2010, 08:58 PM
I ate there last June and really enjoyed my meal. I would consider the food on par with Rainforest Cafe maybe a little better. The dinos were well done and very entertaining. I was there with my cousin and her 4 year old twin boys and they loved it! They had fun digging for bones after our meal and then built their own Dinos in the Build -a- Dino shop.

RedSoxandPatsfan
09-09-2010, 07:53 AM
We have been there twice now, once in Jan and Labor day. While it is a bit pricey the food is good and the atmosphere is cool. The kids love it.

If you have an ADR seating will be pretty quick. One thing to keep in mind is that the people in line do not have resie's. If you do have an ADR you skip this line and go right up to the Check in counter and let them know you are there.
We were told this by CM the first time, and did it the second time.

Daisy'sMom
09-09-2010, 09:56 AM
We have been there several times. We have enjoyed it once and were not that thrilled the other times. I do think it's overpriced but if you have a DINO fan, it wil great for them. I think you probably will not be disappointed, just seeing your little guy having so much fun will be enough for anyone.:mickey:

Ksmith75
09-09-2010, 09:57 AM
DH and I went 2 times. We love it. We went the last 2 years we were there. The food is pretty good....no complaints....We love the atmosphere, and we each did a Build a Dino! And this year we made a wooly mammoth..

It is fun....

AllDisney
09-09-2010, 10:37 AM
Went there last December for the first time. We sat down within 10 minutes of arriving for our reservations.

Atmosphere is fun & we thought the food was pretty good. We would not hesitate to go back:thumbsup:

#1donaldfan
09-09-2010, 12:13 PM
We've been there twice, no ADR and was seated within 10 minutes !! Both trips in June also. Mixed reviews from our family, some liked it, some didn't. It's kinda loud, wait staff seemed a bit hurried, food was ok. My burger this past June was very good, can't remember what my DW had, but I know she didn't care for it much.....wow, I haven't helped at all, huh ?? !! :cool:

brownie
09-09-2010, 12:59 PM
Thanks for the info everyone. We have advance dining reservations at T-Rex on our trip, and it will be our first visit. I'm looking forward to it.

GothMickey
09-09-2010, 01:03 PM
I think you will enjoy T-Rex. Dining there has become a must since my first time eating there. I think the food is better than OK, and a lot better than Rainforest. May be overpriced, but what restaurant in WDW isn't?

LudwigVonDrake
09-11-2010, 06:05 PM
Your dinosaur fan will enjoy the atmosphere. The food is okay. I really liked the Nachos :tasty:

Go and have a good time :wave: