PDA

View Full Version : What would YOU do with Tomorrowland?

azcavalier
09-08-2010, 09:36 AM
Perusing Intercot for a few years now, i've seen many posters about how Tomorrowland is anything but. There's nothing really futuristic about it. Many complain that it's kind of tired, and needs to be overhauled. I don't completely disagree, but I don't think that Tomorrowland was supposed to be a "vision of the future". I like many of the attractions there, including the much maligned Stitch's Great Escape.

On a side note, I was listening to Live365 this weekend, and the channel played the original audio to Alien Encounter. I can see the similarities to SGE and AE. They seem very similar, except that AE was scarier towards the end.

Anyway, the only thing I would do is get rid of the Tomorrowland Speedway. It's awful. It's slow loading, smells bad, antiquated, and there's nothing "Tomorrolandish" about it. At the very least, it could be updated with newer technologies, such as all-electric automobiles. I've seen people state that it should be re-themed to the movie Cars and Radiator Springs. While that would be cool, that attraction would be in the wrong place, and that will never happen.

Strmchsr
09-08-2010, 10:15 AM
Tomorrowland was supposed to be a vision of the future, but WDI eventually figured out that they were spending way too many resources trying to keep it that way. Almost as soon as something was updated it was out of date. So, the idea now is a retro-future. Making it like the future was envisioned during the sci-fi heyday of the 1950s. The fact that it is not "future" oriented as we see it today is intentional.

birdsell
09-08-2010, 10:20 AM
This is an interesting thought. Some quick ideas:

1) re-theme the Tomorrowland Speedway in NASCAR and put in new electric stock cars. While not exactly "futuristic", at least they're up to date.

2) replace the laugh floor and turn it back into a 360 theatre, but this time with the pretext of traveling through space using Hubble pictures.

3) keep space mountain. why mess with a classic? (I love the new queue)

4) same with the peoplemover. Maybe update the cars, but that's about it. And possibly a little more light or another scene inside space mountain. That was a little dark.

5) as far as the astro orbiters, that's tricky. I fondly remember the theming of an apollo launch pad. However, that time is past. Maybe keep the rocket theme, but set it so that the rear flyer faces backward and there are little laser guns with targets hidden around the ride or in various places around Tomorrowland.

6) Stitch. Turn it in to an individual motion simulator battle in space. The best way to explain this is to refer readers to the book Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card.

7) The stage needs to go. I'm thinking a bigger character meeting area for Buzz, Stitch, space Mickey and Goofy. Themed, indoors, etc.

azcavalier
09-08-2010, 10:21 AM
Tomorrowland was supposed to be a vision of the future, but WDI eventually figured out that they were spending way too many resources trying to keep it that way. Almost as soon as something was updated it was out of date. So, the idea now is a retro-future. Making it like the future was envisioned during the sci-fi heyday of the 1950s. The fact that it is not "future" oriented as we see it today is intentional.

Right, that's what I meant, but did not explain, when I said that I didn't think it was supposed to be a vision of the future. It's very retro, which is why I think that things like Space Mountain, the TTA PeopleMover, and the Astro Orbiter are great attractions there in Tomorrowland.

DisneyDINK
09-08-2010, 10:35 AM
Astro Orbiter... why?! I haven't ridden this in the last 10 years.

I agree with the speedway comment. It gives kids some fun time behind the wheel, but between the bad queue and the noise and the exhaust I think it could use a big update.

brownie
09-08-2010, 10:53 AM
I like Tomorrowland. If I was going to change anything, it would be to update the Speedway.

Ian
09-08-2010, 11:03 AM
Quick hits ...

Redo the Speedway with something more interesting/current. Those tired old gas powered cars are just so out-of-place in Tomorrowland. I'd really like to see them replace this with the Carsland attraction from DCA.
Dump Stitch. It's horrible. Replace it with something worthy of the Disney name ... maybe a new, updated version of the original Mission to Mars attraction?
Ditto for the Laugh Floor. It's an embarrassment. Replace it with the Monsters, Inc. dark ride from DCA or something brand new. First off, the current attraction doesn't really fit with "Tomorrowland" and secondly it's got very little repeat value.

Stu29573
09-08-2010, 11:31 AM
Ok, here are my :twocents:

Speedway- Make the cars electric. Make them smoother and a bit faster (but not "thrill ride" fast) Theme them to futuristic cars (kind of Jetson-ish, but without the flying) This attraction really needs to fit Tomorrowland, and no matter how much you like Cars, that movie just doesn't.

Stitch- Convert it to a new mission to Mars or Tour Around the Solar System. Use 360 film and motion in the seats.

That's about all that comes to mind without really thinking much!:thumbsup:

BigRedDad
09-08-2010, 11:42 AM
Demolish it and make it a true Tomorrowland of the 21st century. Everything currently there is Yesteryearland.

#1: Make plans for a Space Mountain movie. Something to hype the reopening as a serious rollercoaster. Have it as an inverted, induction coaster.

#2: Keep Buzz because I think it is a good family ride.

#3: Update TTA

#4 Get a group of imagineers and innovators to design for change. Tomorrowland should have many attractions that are easily modified/replaced to keep it a true Tomorrowland. Once Universal, Six Flags, etc copy, the next thing should be rolling out.

#5 Turn the Speedway into Tron light cycles. Make Tron a theme for a part of Tomorrowland with interactive games and the like.

Ian
09-08-2010, 11:59 AM
#5 Turn the Speedway into Tron light cycles. Make Tron a theme for a part of Tomorrowland with interactive games and the like.I actually like the Tron idea. It certainly fits well in Tomorrowland.

I think the only thing I would say is that they'd need to wait and see how the new film does before committing to something like that. If it doesn't have legs, it's not going to work as a theme park attraction.

Laughin' place
09-08-2010, 02:09 PM
Flight to the Moon/Mission to Mars were sooo cool to a young, space obsessed me in the 60s and 70s. We would always include Cape Canaveral with our WDW visit, and the simulated space voyages were a highlight for me. I wish Mission Space were part of the new Tomorrowland

btharvey
09-08-2010, 02:21 PM
Turn the Speedway into Tron light cycles. Make Tron a theme for a part of Tomorrowland with interactive games and the like.Instead of electric cars or electric carts, do electric monorail motorcycles. Max two people per. Use whatever mode of propulsion would do well in that mode. Since it's totally guided, left/right/zigzag/up/down are all doable so long as the locomotive power is capable. put things that brush the head and body and legs in to duck from, evade, etc. Enable the guideway to have a light within or in front or something to indicate presence. Maybe it's colored behind and not or white ahead. Colors could change if you become evil or gain extra power somehow. Or lose it! Or if you use it full out, you wear it out (like the Wii bicycling ... need to pace yourself, not tire it out). Anyway, there are lots of ways to vary it.

Imagineer1981
09-08-2010, 02:22 PM
Speedway definitely needs an update and it takes up a large piece of property. You almost could redo speedway with some sort of updated attraction and still have room to put something new in the space. Perhaps speedway becomes and indoor attraction, something new, and the CARS attraction is put as a transition to Fantasyland next to it?

BandMan
09-08-2010, 02:51 PM
I love Tomrrowland's retro feel, which is why the Speedway HAS to go. It's dirty, it's smelly, it's slow, and it is totally out of place with the rest of Tomorrowland. I think it would be great if they used a "flying car" feel and had it use magnet levitation. (This system is for the high-speed Maglev train in China.) It is very easy to control, would have that cool 'space-age' feel, since the cars literally float, and would do away with the awful, smelly gas-powered engines.

I would also get rid of Stich. I didn't care for Alien, either. I'd like to see "Meet the Robinsons" incorporated there - it has just the right feel. But then, the movie wasn't very popular for Disney. I don't get why; my family loves it. :shrug:

SBETigg
09-08-2010, 02:59 PM
I would also get rid of Stich. I didn't care for Alien, either. I'd like to see "Meet the Robinsons" incorporated there - it has just the right feel. But then, the movie wasn't very popular for Disney. I don't get why; my family loves it. :shrug:

I didn't see Meet the Robinsons but my family did, and they hated it. Just awful, they said. There isn't a single Disney or Pixar movie that they had a bad reaction to, with the exception of that one. I still haven't seen it, so I don't know why. But I suspect they're not alone.

Ian
09-08-2010, 03:19 PM
I'm guessing Disney isn't going to rush to theme a ride around Meet the Robinsons ... or Chicken Little ... or Home on the Range ... or Brother Bear ... or Atlantis ... or Bolt .... or ... well ... you get the idea. :secret:

joonyer
09-08-2010, 04:02 PM
IF I was in charge of TomorrowLand: I'd do the following:

1) Space Mountain: It's an MK classic. No major changes, just update and maintain.

2) Astro Orbiter: Even though it's very slow loading and is not the most popular tide at MK, I'd leave it alone. Next tot he Space Mountain roof, It's the main aerial icon of Tomorrowland.

3. Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor Comedy Club: Re-do this attraction back to a 360 degree theatre.

4. Stitch's Great Escape. Completely gut this attraction technology and replace with a simulated time-travel attraction taking you on a journey to a retro-looking future (like Robots or Meet the Robinsons).

5. Carousel of Progress: completely refurbish and upgrade this Classic attraction. But no changes to any of the scenes. Just new paint, fabric and repairs, so that it looked and worked like new again.

6. Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin. No changes, just clean it up, maintain and keep re-freshed.

7. Tomorrowland Transit Authority. No changes except restore the old audio spiel.

8. Speedway. Tear down and start over. Completely re-theme this attraction out of Tomorrowland. Construct a new entrance from the Fantasyland side. Re-theme the attraction to the "Cars" movie. Make part of the track indoors (dark) so you could drive through Radiator Springs at night with all the neon lighting even if you are riding in the daytime. Switch to electric vehicles with digital sound effects to sound like gas engines. Have vehicles with all the different cars characters represented. There is so much that could be done to this attraction with a "Cars" theme. This would make this out-dated kiddie cart ride immensely more entertaining to kids of all ages.

darthmacho
09-08-2010, 04:10 PM
The only problem I have with Tomorrowland is the Speedway. I can live with Stitch and Monsters, however flawed, if they would just get rid of the noise, fumes, and heat of the Speedway. Also, they had better NEVER close Carousel of Progress. Update the last scene from time to time, but leave the rest the same!!!!!! :mickey:

btharvey
09-09-2010, 01:44 PM
I didn't see Meet the Robinsons but my family did, and they hated it. Just awful, they said. There isn't a single Disney or Pixar movie that they had a bad reaction to, with the exception of that one. I still haven't seen it, so I don't know why. But I suspect they're not alone.And like another poster, we love it. We have a close association to it though, as our DD is adopted and positive and a joy.

We just really like the positive spin and the ability to make mistakes and learn instead of make mistakes and cry. Loved Tom Selleck. But you probably do need to be able to see the message from a certain view, and if you can't see the message, it's undoubtedly boring after that. But I don't think "hate" would ever enter into it. Just a guess.

Imagineer1981
09-09-2010, 04:21 PM
I am actualy suprised about the amount of people wanting 360 degree theaters back. Does anyone remember that Time Keeper was basically empty 90% of the time and that it was shut down quite often

BigRedDad
09-09-2010, 05:30 PM
1) Space Mountain: It's an MK classic. No major changes, just update and maintain.

Doesn't this contradict the theme "Tomorrowland". If this was the purpose of the area, they should rename it Classicland.

joonyer
09-09-2010, 08:37 PM
Doesn't this contradict the theme "Tomorrowland". If this was the purpose of the area, they should rename it Classicland.

OK, maybe I should have said it's a "Tomorrowland Classic". What I meant was there was nothing wrong with Space Mountain being there. Like Carousel of Progress, an attraction that predates the MK, it still has a "tomorrow" theme.

wxsmwhrms
09-09-2010, 10:12 PM
Anyway, the only thing I would do is get rid of the Tomorrowland Speedway. It's awful. It's slow loading, smells bad, antiquated, and there's nothing "Tomorrolandish" about it. At the very least, it could be updated with newer technologies, such as all-electric automobiles. I've seen people state that it should be re-themed to the movie Cars and Radiator Springs. While that would be cool, that attraction would be in the wrong place, and that will never happen.

I may be in the minority, but I pretty much like Tomorrowland just the way it is. My only recommendation would be to get rid of Stitch. I loved the Lilo and Stich movies and show - but I can't stand that attraction.

BigRedDad
09-10-2010, 04:43 AM
OK, maybe I should have said it's a "Tomorrowland Classic". What I meant was there was nothing wrong with Space Mountain being there. Like Carousel of Progress, an attraction that predates the MK, it still has a "tomorrow" theme.

The purpose of Tomorrowland was to show future innovation and keep technology and change as a dream. All Tomorrowland is now is nostalgia. This is one fundamental complaint I have about Disney calling it Tomorrowland. It was Tomorrowland in the 70s. Once the 80s came, it was Yesterdayland. In the 90s, it was Decadeoldland. Now, it is Classicland.

There is no innovation at WDW. While their competition continues to innovate, they keep throwing paint on junk and expect us to accept. The FLE is only being done because of Hogwarts at Universal.

azcavalier
09-10-2010, 10:00 AM
There is no innovation at WDW. While their competition continues to innovate, they keep throwing paint on junk and expect us to accept. The FLE is only being done because of Hogwarts at Universal.

I disagree with this. EE is innovative. Soarin' was very innovative. As is Mission: Space. TSM is innovative. ToT was also.

Heck, read about what it took to create Animal Kingdom, and what it takes to keep it running. That whole park is innovative. It's a testament to how well they pulled it off that most people think it's just an overgrown zoo. You can't see everything they've done there.

I haven't yet seen TWWoHP at Universal yet, but have had friends who did. They all said the same thing...it was kinda cool, but very small. The theming was cool, the rides were fun, but they weren't blown away.

BigRedDad
09-10-2010, 12:46 PM
I disagree with this. EE is innovative. Soarin' was very innovative. As is Mission: Space. TSM is innovative. ToT was also.

EE: This is a basic roller coaster that has been around for decades. The only thing innovative broke before it started.

Soarin: Arguably innovative. Delta's "If You Had Wings" had the motion theater. The innovative part was a raised audience.

Mission Space: It is a glorified centrifuge. The innovative part is the movie you stare into. It really is not that innovative. It took two existing, old technologies and combined them.

TSM: Yes, this is innovative. But, it is not in Tomorrowland.

Strmchsr
09-10-2010, 01:18 PM
The purpose of Tomorrowland was to show future innovation and keep technology and change as a dream.

The key word is WAS. By the mid 1990s WDI realized that keeping a constantly updated and "futuristic" Tomorrowland is impossible and cost prohibitive. The choice was intentionally made to go to a nostalgic look at the future. I don't think we need to debate it's purpose. I agree with them that doing a true "Tomorrowland" is impossible and would lead to everything being closed almost continuously for updates. What we can debate is how well they've achieved their vision, which I would say is mediocre. Stitch and Buzz are okay, though Alien Encouner was MUCH better. Laugh Floor would definitely do better in DHS and doesn't belong in Tomorrowland and something needs to be done with the Speedway. So, their vision is not the problem. It's what they've done (or haven't done) with that vision.

EE: This is a basic roller coaster that has been around for decades. The only thing innovative broke before it started.

Mission Space: It is a glorified centrifuge.

Let's be honest, there's nothing truly "innovative" in terms of a ride experience. A roller coaster is a roller coaster. The innovative part always comes in the packaging, the telling of the story. Disney still usually does that very well. And, even though I've ridden everything at WDW enough to no longer call it "innovative" that doesn't mean it still isn't fun. POTC is ancient in terms of innovative technology, yet it's still a ton of fun.

azcavalier
09-10-2010, 03:41 PM

There has never been a roller coaster that stops, switches tracks, goes backwards, stops again, switches tracks again, and then resumes forward.

Soarin: Arguably innovative. Delta's "If You Had Wings" had the motion theater. The innovative part was a raised audience.

IMAX screens have been around for a while, but creating the ride mechanism, adding real movement to augment the IMAX screen is a stroke of genius. It is a pretty technically advanced ride.

Mission Space: It is a glorified centrifuge. The innovative part is the movie you stare into. It really is not that innovative. It took two existing, old technologies and combined them.

Again, it's the combining of technologies that is innovative.

TSM: Yes, this is innovative. But, it is not in Tomorrowland.

But your point was that there was no innovation in WDW, not just Tomorrowland. I agree with you about Tomorrowland.

johnO
09-10-2010, 03:54 PM
If they got rid of speedway they could put in several new attractions or one big one.

disneymom2000
09-10-2010, 10:54 PM
I would make a ride similar to Soarin' but where it would take you into space and see planets, stars, nebula's, feel the warmth of the sun and the cold of the shadow of pluto and then end by flying through a meteor shower into a black hole. It is about as close as I would ever come to actually getting to take a ride into outer space.

kemps@wdw
09-11-2010, 11:17 PM
I don't think Tomorrowland was supposed to be a "vision" of the future as much as simply having attractions with a futuristic theme, ie...Space Mt, Astro Orbiters, etc... COP seems a little out of place there (except for the family in the future segment which is not really so futuristic any more), so does Buzz Lightyear, the musical stage, and ET Stitch, obviously something to fill the space. When entering TL via the bridge from Main St, the overall entry has a a techno-feel to it, but most of the attractions don't reflect the intent. The Speedway DEFINNITELY needs a new "do". Something w/a TRON theme I think. This would most certainy have to be an enclosed attraction, so a MAJOR refurb would be necessary, but very well worth it! (IMHO). And I'll probably be accused of blasphemy, but maybe a name change for that part of the park is in order. :faint::

TheVBs
09-12-2010, 01:54 PM
I love Tomorrowland and it's funky retro space look! :D

I think a makeover on the Speedway would be nice, but I would be sad if it disappeared altogether.

BellesRose
09-12-2010, 05:51 PM
I don't get the Laugh Floor. What does that have to do with anything? Plus, I went when they were still testing it and I've never been back. Nobody laughed - not even the little kids.
I don't like Tomorrowland in general, but the Laugh Factory is just horrible.

Jared
09-12-2010, 05:53 PM
I actually like the retro-future idea behind Tomorrowland. It distinguishes it from Future World in Epcot and ensures the theme will consistently remain viable.

The problem now is a few of the attractions. As others have said, the Speedway needs to be redone or demolished. It's an embarrassment, especially because the cars run on gasoline! Some future.

I don't mind the "Pixarification" of everything as much as others, but I agree that Stitch's Great Escape is a bit of a joke. If we're looking for inspiration from a Pixar film, why not craft something themed to "WALL-E?" At least it takes place in future and in space.

BellesRose
09-12-2010, 06:09 PM
I don't mind the "Pixarification" of everything as much as others, but I agree that Stitch's Great Escape is a bit of a joke. If we're looking for inspiration from a Pixar film, why not craft something themed to "WALL-E?" At least it takes place in future and in space.
That's a great idea! WALL-E would fit much better, and would probably be better than Stitch.

azcavalier
09-13-2010, 09:50 AM
I don't get the Laugh Floor. What does that have to do with anything? Plus, I went when they were still testing it and I've never been back. Nobody laughed - not even the little kids.

While I agree that it doesn't really fit within the Tomorrowland theme, if you haven't been back since testing, how can you say it's horrible? I'm sure they changed a lot from that point to the present-day attraction.

We went once, laughed a *lot* (as did everyone else in the audience), and figured that it didn't have much repeatability. But we went back this last spring, and laughed our butts off, again. When we go back in three weeks, I think it will be a lot of fun to take our family to the Laugh Floor.

Strmchsr
09-13-2010, 10:48 AM
We went once, laughed a *lot* (as did everyone else in the audience), and figured that it didn't have much repeatability. But we went back this last spring, and laughed our butts off, again. When we go back in three weeks, I think it will be a lot of fun to take our family to the Laugh Floor.

:ditto: We laugh every time we go. I agree that it's not really TL material (better in DHS as I mentioned above), but it's WAY improved over testing. I have a couple of CM friends who do the acting and they are improv masters, which is what makes every show different.

TheVBs
09-13-2010, 11:41 AM
I would LOVE to see WALL-E in Tomorrowland! Or, anywhere really.

btharvey
09-13-2010, 05:19 PM
:ditto: We laugh every time we go. I agree that it's not really TL material (better in DHS as I mentioned above), but it's WAY improved over testing. I have a couple of CM friends who do the acting and they are improv masters, which is what makes every show different.

While I agree that it doesn't really fit within the Tomorrowland theme, if you haven't been back since testing, how can you say it's horrible? I'm sure they changed a lot from that point to the present-day attraction.

I think they discovered they really had something when they did the 'Turtle Talk' at the newly-opened 'Nemo' (rather than 'Seas') pavilion at EPCOT ... the technology is just too good to let slip by. And probably the non-laughing during the testing phase was just them using a puppeteer that wasn't a comedian. And I'm certain they've captured all the lines that 'got laughs' and now use them as much as possible, trying to mix it up as much as possible. We've been a couple of times, and it's been pretty funny and tends to rely on audience reaction more nowadays, which gets things going.

Jared
09-13-2010, 06:08 PM
I agree with you, Chris. I think the Laugh Floor deserves multiple visits! The show changes every time. Sure, some of the basic jokes repeat, and the automated Mike Wazowski-Roz storyline grows wearisome, but I appreciate the voice actors who work hard to create new laughs each time!

All that said, I can't justify its placement in Tomorrowland. It belongs at the Studios, which honestly can use anything to spruce it up.

MOJoe
09-14-2010, 01:01 PM
While there are several attractions here that could use some help, the Speedway is by far the most out of place and out dated. If it was up to me, the entire area would be demolished.

So what do you put in it's place? Another roller coaster? Not with SM right next door. A 3-D movie? Mickey's Philharmagic is too close. A dark ride similar to TSM? Maybe, but it must be substantially different from Buzz. A theatre with a live action production? Possibly, but the theme is problematic. Stitch in Elvis garb isn't nearly good enough. Luckily, Cosmic Ray's is right there, so the temptation for another eatery isn't there. So what? Really?

Something imaginative. Something that fits into the theme of the area. Something worthy of that real estate. And probably something i haven't thought of. But i did think of this.
How about a Tower of Terror that works in reverse? A ride that blasts off and suspends you in "outer space" for a second? The technology is there and the theme fits. The pre-ride storyline options are immense. And another headliner "advanced technology" dark ride would help MK deflect it's image of an "old fashioned" park.

I like some of the other ideas posted here. And nearly anything would be an improvement. But a new thrill ride using some of the same elements as the Tower of Terror would be a real step forward.

Goofster
09-14-2010, 01:12 PM
1. Move the Laugh Floor to DHS and bring back the circle vision theater (preferably with Time Keeper) :D

2. Replace the Speedway

3. Stitch is okay. I really liked AE, so I'm not sure what it could be used for again without retooling it back to a "softer" AE-like ride.

4. Buzz should stay where he's at.

Thumper_ehhhhh
09-14-2010, 07:59 PM
HMMM I agree with the speedway. Cars or Tron theme would be great. Carocel of progress. I agree it needs a referb. Also add another scene. Have the ride exit and enter on the same part. That last section you can do up as the new future as we already ahve the 80/90's scene there. The TTA they need to turn it back to a ride instead of a comercial. Bring push back also.

tiggerbuddy
09-16-2010, 08:42 PM
I think this poster summed it up best:

Demolish it and make it a true Tomorrowland of the 21st century. Everything currently there is Yesteryearland.

dixielandings
09-18-2010, 06:26 PM
EITHER - make the Speedway like DL's Autopia, which is FAR superior to the MK version.

OR...

...just rip out the Speedway and replace it with Horizons.

LudwigVonDrake
09-19-2010, 11:30 AM
Some of my suggestions have nothing to do with "Tomorrow" but they would be better "themed" ideas than what they have there now:

1) Retheme the speedway to Cars
2) Get rid of Stitch and put something along the lines of Alien Encounter back in
3) Put the CoP back to the 1964 World's Fair version
4) Put back the TTA soundtrack that was just replaced

:wave:

Mrs Bus Driver
09-19-2010, 12:13 PM
There has never been a roller coaster that stops, switches tracks, goes backwards, stops again, switches tracks again, and then resumes forward.

The Mummy at Universal (Hollywood only one I've been to) stops and goes backwards, can't remember if they switch tracks. Point is although Disney did a good job on EE they aren't the only ones. The reason I say good job is because the Yeti has almost never worked as intended while the Mummies work very well. :mickey:

joonyer
09-20-2010, 01:29 PM
The main mummy animatronic on Revenge of the Mummy wasn't moving at all on our last visit (May, 2010) to Universal. Needless to say, that took that at lot of screams away from the ride. It's still an awesome attraction in my opinion, as good overall as any single attraction at WDW.

finaldynasty
12-23-2010, 09:45 PM
I agree with the PP, but I would not touch Space Mountain or C of P just because SM is a classic and C of P was Walt's vision. I would like to see a more efficient speedway. Plus, the space where the stage is could be converted to an interactive attraction similar to the psuedo- arcade at Mission Space. Tommorowland needs to be the next land revamped after Fantasyland is done!

finaldynasty
01-16-2011, 10:29 PM
After giving this some more thought, it might be good for a Tron ride or a Carsland (like DL). I think a Wall-E or some other futuristic ride or attraction would be great. With Universal dipping into WDW attendance, they may need to reconsider focusing on this in:mickey: 2013-15...

:mickey:

Mogie
01-17-2011, 09:22 AM
Build a giant dome over all of Tomorrow land and re-theme it to look like space station with a huge planetarium display on the inside of the dome.

JabberJaws
01-17-2011, 10:15 AM
I personally would like to see a more Jules Vern-esque approach to tomorrowland. They did that a bit already w/ the "retro" concept, but I thought maybe it was a little too cheesy. Disney has used the Verne/steampunk style for space mt. at DLP and mysterious island at TDS. I think that look is not only timeless but also nostalgic and sort of other-worldly.

Interesting you say that about AE sounding similar to SGE. Let me tell you with complete confidence that AE was FAR superior to SGE in every single way. The story, effects, dialogue, atmosphere, etc. It was one of the most genuinely scary attractions I have ever experienced, but also one of the singular most immersive and convincing IMO. AE was so well done that I would nearly always forget that I was in disneyworld and really got sucked into the atmosphere and environment that it created.

I know that the attraction was very polarizing, mostly due to the more graphic nature and higher fear level not being "appropriate" for Disney, but to this day it stands as one of my all-time favorite disney or non-disney theme park attractions.

bertasso59
01-17-2011, 06:32 PM
I would scrap the arcade and the old outdoor theatre that never gets used anymore.I would add two rollercoasters; one based on Tron,the other on The Black Hole.And as for Stitch;Id put back Alien Encounter becasue I never got to see it :(

kemps@wdw
01-20-2011, 11:59 PM
Obviously, there is a need for some refurbs in Tomorrowland. But let's not mess with the classics, shall we? Space Mt...stays, Buzz...stays, Peoplemover...stays, COP...stays. Speedway...MAJOR refurb needed. Maybe some kind of HUGE futuristic ride simulator (think slowed-down "Gravitron") or maybe Tron themed. The stage...useless unless used for a cool character meet and greet (or character karaoke or something). SGE...gotta go! I like the previous idea of a 360 vision theater w/outer space themed videos. (don't forget the hand rails). Why not "plus" that by making it a 360 domed screen to really feel immersed in space! The possibilities are just like tomorrow's possibilities...unlimited!:mickey: