PDA

View Full Version : Cocoa Beach hotel with Ocean FRONT view...

BrownEyedGrrl
09-08-2010, 08:23 AM
We just found out that our return flight was bumped, and so we are now coming home a day later. So, instead of staying an extra night at WDW, we are planning to check out as planned and drive to and spend the night in Cocoa Beach. I'm having trouble finding a hotel with an ocean front view though. Does anyone know of a good one with a definite ocean FRONT view- not just ocean "view"- we want to walk out on our balcony and have the ocean/beach directly in front of us. I know we will have to pay a bit more, but since it's one night only, we are willing to do that (to a point).

The jargon hotel websites use is maddening. Also, they should seriously post a picture of the view.

btharvey
09-08-2010, 12:36 PM
Back in 1986, my wife and I stayed in the Cocoa Beach Hilton which was "on the beach" ... this was 7 months after the Challenger disaster, and along with two other rooms, we were the only ones in the huge hotel. A couple of days, I overheard, they didn't make the 'costs' to run it. And our room service waiter went on and on about how he was having trouble getting enough tips to replace the tires on his Corvette.

Driving a Plymouth Colt at the time, I wasn't amused.

Here's their web site: http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/CCBCHHF-Hilton-Cocoa-Beach-Oceanfront-Florida/index.do?brand_id=HI&brand_directory=/en/hi/&xch=719137368,LWKBZHZ1Z3IJOCSGBJC3UKQ