PDA

View Full Version : A few questions re: Pop Century

Sunshine1010
09-07-2010, 10:37 PM
I'd like to say 'thanks' in advance for any answers to my questions. I appreciate your time.

- Did they take out the ICEE's @ Pop?
- How many bus stop are there? If I'm reading correctly...there is just one main one?...in front?
- I have read that there are updates going on. Are they refurbishing all rooms and all buildings? When will they be done? (we'll be there in December)
- Is it true that Pop doesn't stop at any other resort?
- I've never stayed at Pop, but it seems as though that busline is unbelievably long when it's time to go home. Does that resort have double the buses?...since it seems as though are sooooo many more people in that line that any other line?

General questions:
- Is there free internet access?
- Do the updated rooms have fridges? (hope so)
:thumbsup::mickey:

McLiberal8
09-07-2010, 10:54 PM
I'll answer what I know :)

- Did they take out the ICEE's @ Pop? Yes, they replaced them with iced tea
How many bus stop are there? If I'm reading correctly...there is just one main one?...in front? Yep, just one! There is no access to roads beyond that..
- Is it true that Pop doesn't stop at any other resort? It is true! The only thing it's really close to is ESPN..

General questions:
- Is there free internet access? No - It is 9.95 every 24 hours, I believe.

Strmchsr
09-08-2010, 07:54 AM
:ditto:

To answer your other questions - all resorts have long bus lines when it's time to go home. The one thing I've noticed over the 4 times I've stayed at Pop is though Pop doesn't share buses, buses also don't run as often so you actually end up waiting about the same amount of time as the other values and buses are generally always filled to capacity on each run.

As for fridges - no. That's a perk for moderate and higher level resorts. You can rent one at pop for $10/day, but they don't come standard.

Sunshine1010
09-08-2010, 09:01 AM
Thanks so much guys.

Kind of bummed about the fridge's and internet. Last weekend, we stayed at a Holiday Inn Express...and they had free breakfast, free internet and a fridge AND couch....all for 69.00. And the room was immaculate!!! lol

But...I suppose you have to 'pay' for the Disney Magic!!

Thanks so much for answering my questions!!!!!!

Can't wait to get to Pop for my first visit!!!!

McLiberal8
09-08-2010, 12:59 PM
I'll be there tomorrow! If you think of any other questions, let me know and I will check it out!!

LVT
09-08-2010, 10:00 PM
May 09, POP had multiple buses maybe 10 times in a 14 day trip. These occurred at closing at EPCOT and MK.
I always think I am waiting longer than the other resorts, but that may be just like the lines in stores- MY line is slowest.

Sunshine1010
09-09-2010, 02:23 AM
Thanks so much McLiberal!

And again...to everyone...Thanks so much for answering all my questions.

:thumbsup:

JerseyDad
09-10-2010, 10:05 PM
I have read that there are updates going on. Are they refurbishing all rooms and all buildings? When will they be done? (we'll be there in December)

....yup...DEFINITELY REFURBISHMENTS!!! (is that a word?)

.....was JUST there 6 days ago...1960's Building 4....first floor.....poolside. There were "construction noises" the first 4 days of our stay...right above us (2nd floor). Apparently they were just wrapping up the rehabs of that floor...and in fact...we were told by housekeeping the day before we left..that when we checked out...our room was being closed and re-done (probably started this past Monday...on Bldg 4 1st floor)

....so...if you're looking to get a newly re-done preferred location room...ask them for 60's section...Bldg 4 - 2nd floor...facing pool (those are rooms that I DEFINITELY KNOW...were just done)

....by the time December rolls around....I'm sure there will have been more newly appointed rooms.

(btw...POP is only 6 yrs old...and the "old" room we were in...was perfectly fine...clean....wonderful...as it always has been.....and in my opinion...I had the best location EVER!!)

Sunshine1010
09-12-2010, 03:33 AM
Thanks so much. We'll be there in December.