PDA

View Full Version : Free Dining during Mardi Gras (March 8)

eandrsmom
09-07-2010, 07:55 PM
I just wanted to let everyone know that if you can possibly begin your vacation on March 3, you can take advantage of free dining. We were going to arrive on March 5th. But, I learned by accident that the dining discounts include the date that you arrive, and extend past the official free dining date. They will be valid our entire trip! It is worth taking the kids out of school for two days in order to get free dining. Just thought I'd pass this along in case anyone else was interested and didn't know about this.

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-08-2010, 09:25 AM
Glad it worked out for you!

buzznwoodysmom
09-08-2010, 11:47 AM
That's great that it worked out for you. I've been thinking of doing the same. We are also planning to arrive on the 5th. We weren't planning on getting the dining plan this trip, we don't feel we use it to our advantage so had pretty much decided we were done with the dining plan. I'd much rather a room discount, but so far no such luck.

eandrsmom
09-08-2010, 12:15 PM
I'm going to see if we'd come out better when the room only discounts are released. As of right now, I think we'll probably keeping things as they are. My kids have been doing character buffets since they were little. It wouldn't be a trip to Disney without them. Now that they are over 9, and considered adults, we find that the dining plan is worth it. Getting it for free is a bonus.