PDA

View Full Version : We walked up at Le Cellier today!

Melanie
09-06-2010, 08:10 PM
On a holiday?!?!

We couldn't believe the light crowds at Epcot this morning, so we decided to see if we could get into Le Cellier for lunch, and luckily we were able to.

Pretzel bread, cheddar cheese soup, grilled sirloin....YUM!

I love September at WDW. :thumbsup:

fatboy
09-06-2010, 08:39 PM
On a holiday?!?!

We couldn't believe the light crowds at Epcot this morning, so we decided to see if we could get into Le Cellier for lunch, and luckily we were able to.

Pretzel bread, cheddar cheese soup, grilled sirloin....YUM!

I love September at WDW. :thumbsup:

We where there all last week and really darn near had the place to ourselves. I took the kids on Space Mountain and then had a seat outside as they went on three more times in the next 20 minutes...It was great!!

PopPhan
09-06-2010, 09:19 PM
On a holiday, during "free DDP"???? Man, what a coup!!!!!

Unfortunately, when we are down there (in two weeks, ) that probably won't be a possibility. Luckily, we were able to get ADRs 180 days out....

tinka
09-06-2010, 09:43 PM
We have never eaten at Le Cellier, and have always wanted to. Planning to go on our next trip and would like to try it out. I have heard good things, anyone have any suggestions or opinions?

fatboy
09-06-2010, 09:48 PM
Not trying to hi jack the thread, but by all means do it!! Never had a bad meal there.

Melanie
09-06-2010, 09:54 PM
We have never eaten at Le Cellier, and have always wanted to. Planning to go on our next trip and would like to try it out. I have heard good things, anyone have any suggestions or opinions?

For sure get the cheddar cheese soup (as an appetizer). :tasty:

Fastpasssteve
09-07-2010, 12:55 AM
I got a walk-up six years ago. That was the last time. Congratulations! I make reservations now. Glad you had a great time!

jpH/keD
09-07-2010, 09:25 AM
:thumbsup: That is awesome to walk into LeCellier! I have had friends who just cannot get ressies for that place! I have been once and LOVED it!! Sept huh? That seems like the time to go!!! Is it free dining in Sept? My kids are young so missing the first or second week of school wouldnt be horrible. Just review from the previous year. Hmmm....
Thanks for sharing your good fortune! Glad you liked LeCellier!

grumpyguy
09-07-2010, 11:36 AM
We got a 2:40pm ADR.Not the greatest time to eat but that was the best we could get even at 180 days out!!
9 days and counting!!I am for sure going to try the cheese soup,mmmmm.:thumbsup:

jillluvsdisney
09-07-2010, 06:10 PM
Nice!!!

faline
09-07-2010, 06:16 PM
Good for you!

We were once able to walk-in to Le Cellier when we did a last minute trip during early June - never thought it would happen and we were prepared to get turned away but were very surprised when we were seated almost immediately!

AntMagsMom
09-07-2010, 09:17 PM
Yay! We leave Thursday and I'm hoping the crowds will be light. We have a 4:25 ressie on Saturday that I'm going to see if I can get a later one when we get there but if not I'll take what I can get!

Congrats!

Carolanne
09-07-2010, 10:22 PM
Oh my goodness...the cheddar cheese soup! And yes...I dip my pretzel bread in my chedder cheese soup :D.

MNNHFLTX
09-08-2010, 12:16 PM
For sure get the cheddar cheese soup (as an appetizer). :tasty:Yum, one of my favorites--made with good old Moosehead beer! :beer:

It's been way too long since I've eaten at Le Cellier. That's going to be a must-do for February! :)

TikiLounger
09-08-2010, 01:14 PM
Hmmmm...I wonder if it's possible to get an ADR for our trip. We leave in 23 days. Probably not, but it's worth a try. Also, does anyone know if the cheddar cheese soup is one of the offerings during the Food and Wine Festival? It was last year, so I'm assuming it is.

TikiLounger
09-08-2010, 01:15 PM
Doh! I just noticed I made my 300th post and now I'm a Senior Cast Member! Hurray! Sorry...I got a little excited, there...I'm okay, now. :D

cer
09-08-2010, 02:23 PM
I am so hungry.

Melanie
09-08-2010, 02:44 PM
Yum, one of my favorites--made with good old Moosehead beer! :beer:

It's been way too long since I've eaten at Le Cellier. That's going to be a must-do for February! :)

I had Moosehead in my soup and ordered one too! :D

Better make that February reservation Beth. I made one about a month ago for a random Sunday in February so we can take Josh.