PDA

View Full Version : Any Big River Grill reviews?

Pocahontas
09-06-2010, 11:32 AM
We are staying at the Beach Club Resort in mid-October (2 adults, 19 y/o, 10 y/o, and 7 y/o) and just made dinner ADR's for Big River Grille and Brewing Works for our day of arrivial. We were going to eat at Mama Melrose's then go to Fantasmic, but decided that would be too much of a rush and too long of a day for our youngest. (Don't want to start out on a wrong note of being too tired and then cranky!) Wanted to eat somewhere close to our resort (Cape Mays will be later in the week) and somewhere that we could get ADR's at this late date. (FYI:We are not there during free dining.)

With all that said, any reviews for the Big River Grill or any better suggestions. My husband once ate lunch there when he was at a convention (about 3 yrs ago)and remembered it to be pretty good.

Thanks for any help!

BrerGnat
09-06-2010, 12:22 PM
We ate there over spring break. It was pretty good. Beer was excellent, as was dessert! Excellent chocolate cake. :)

It's standard "bar and grill" food. Nothing overly special. One thing I was disappointed with was that all the salads just used iceberg lettuce (I'm used to, and prefer, romaine). Also, the dressings were bottled generic stuff. My husband had a chicken ceasar salad that was rather uninspired. It was limp iceberg lettuce, grated parmesan cheese, and bottled, heavy Ceasar dressing along with a small amount of grilled chicken that sort of tasted like those "grilled chicken strips" you find in the refrigerated section of the supermarket. The salad wasn't cheap, either. The menu description listed "romaine", but it certainly was NOT romaine...

I had their BBQ chicken sandwich. It was alright. Again, nothing special. DH ended up eating about half of this because his salad just grossed him out.

The kids meals were actually the best part! My boys had a hamburger (VERY good) and mac and cheese (it was just Kraft, but my son was in heaven after eating Disney's gross mac and cheese for a few days...he loves Kraft). The kids meals came with "appetizers" of carrots and celery with ranch, as well as drinks and desserts. Kids meals were an excellent value!

We ate outside on the Boardwalk, and that was nice. Lots to look at which kept our kids busy.

We'd eat here again, but try to stick with some REALLY basic fare (i.e. don't bother with the "specialty" salads). I'd probably get a burger next time

RedSoxFan
09-06-2010, 12:42 PM
We've eaten there twice; both times we enjoyed it. Ate outside both times which was really nice. There is ESPN club too on the boardwalk which we also enjoy.

JPL
09-06-2010, 12:55 PM
I ate there is June to sum it up nicely Good Beer with very average food! It wasn't terrible but it wasn't exactly good!

DouieDan
09-09-2010, 08:10 PM
If you enjoy mirco Brews, then it is your spot. will disagree with some other replies, and say the food is pretty good. It is pub fare, but the experience is nice. Much better quality than ESPN. We were there once when they tapped the Octoberfest keg. Free beer in take home glasses. Nuff said. enjoy!

BrerGnat
09-09-2010, 09:45 PM
We were there once when they tapped the Octoberfest keg. Free beer in take home glasses. Nuff said. enjoy!

Nice! :thumbsup:

Simba 1
09-09-2010, 09:58 PM
I really like Big River Grill - sort of laid back, nice to eat outside, specialty beers if you are into that.

They have a specialty meatloaf that is wonderful. I'm not usually into heavy meals like that but our waiter talked me into it many years ago (pre-kids!) and now I have to have it once every trip. I think it might be grilled - very different from traditional meatloaf. I also like sitting outside on the boardwalk for dinner and then walking around afterwards - very relaxing (or as relaxing as Disney can be with 3 kids in tow!) It's one of my favorite nights.