PDA

View Full Version : Dining at Pop Century

wdwnutz
09-06-2010, 11:14 AM
This will be our first stay at Pop and I was wondering our food choices are for breakfast lunch and dinner at the resort food court. We haven't decided if we want to do quick service (depending on our choices) or upgrade to regular dining plan. We usually do the regular dining plan but are trying to save money this trip, but then again we don't want burgers and fries every meal. Also, what are the best quick service places in parks and resorts that we can get something other than burgers and fries?

Madame Leona
09-06-2010, 11:45 AM
I like the Food Court at POP. I think they have a very good selection. The lo mein is very good!

LVT
09-06-2010, 11:49 AM
POP has a nice cafeteria. It get quite busy at 0800 so beware of the morning rush.
There are a few cafeteria style areas in a large C-shape. Maybe 4 ? of these. Another area within the C-shape has single items,such as fruit, bagel, donuts, water, milk, etc.
The hot food service lines offer varied styles of food. There is a standard breakfast platter line similar to Deny's, A mickey waffle line, etc.
At lunch/dinner you will find a burgers/ grill item area, a pasta area, a meal platter area like roast beef, mashed potatoes and a veggie and a more adult area with maybe greek sesonings. The offerings do vary a little on a daily basis. I believe Pizza and desserts are always available from lunch time to closing. I like their set up. Enough variety combined with the many offerings of WDW. It is however, a cafeteria and not dining as in a full service Table restuarant.

BrerGnat
09-06-2010, 12:12 PM
If you are trying to save money, just don't do a dining plan. You can save MORE money by eating what you want, when you want, sharing meals, NOT having desserts and sodas at every meal, eating cold breakfast in the room (cereal and milk), etc.

The POP food court has a good VARIETY of food, but during my stay there, I wasn't overly impressed by the quality of anything I ate.

If you are doing "free dining" and are given the QS plan as part of the package, I'd stick with that. There are lots of really good QS locations around WDW with good food.

Carolanne
09-06-2010, 12:23 PM
Pop is my favorite value resort :thumbsup: I'll PM you the most recent menu that I have access to.

That said: you don't have to restrict your QS meals to your home resort--you can eat at any WDW resort QS foodcourt/restaurant. You could resort hop for lunch/dinner if you wanted to check out the other resorts. I'm a HUGE fan of the pasta station at POR :thumbsup:.

wdwnutz
09-07-2010, 12:07 AM
Thank you everyone! We are planning on going in January 2011 with the free dining...having a tough time choosing whether we want to keep quick service or upgrade.

CiaoBella312
09-07-2010, 08:59 AM
I have done both meal plans. It was fun to do the regular dining plan and know we had a sit down meal every day BUT it was also a burden to know that there were specific places we needed to be, and I felt very "scheduled" which doesn't always work for me in Disney. The QS plan was great in terms of knowing I had prepaid the food and that we could get anything we wanted at any of the QS locations. We stay at Pop and there are a few things in the food court there that are very good; the Asian Chicken salad, for starters. They have flatbread type sandwiches which are good, parmesan chicken, a "mom's night off" meal which is served in a TV dinner type tin, they do meat loaf a couple of days, fried chicken a couple, and I forgot the other one. They have beef and broccoli and shrimp and/or vegetable lo mein, and a fish dish every day.

Especially with younger kids I wouldn't upgrade and would do the QS plan.

Enjoy your trip!

mainemajor
09-07-2010, 09:43 PM
I like the Food Court at POP. I think they have a very good selection. The lo mein is very good!

Have the lo mein with shrimp. They don't skimp and it adds a lot.
No stay at Pop is complete without a slice of tie dyed cheescake

LandFan
09-08-2010, 04:10 PM
the Parmesan Chicken is very good as are the flatbreads! Pop's food court is awesome - they never disappoint. I think it is the best food court in Disney... (although I like the Mara too...)

joonyer
09-08-2010, 04:47 PM
We like the ffod court at Pop, but we learned to avaid it for breakfast since it was so crowded. We save a little $$$ by eating breakfast snacks in our room and head to the parks early to get there at rope drop. We find it's less crowded at lunch and dinner. There's lot's of choices, our boys always found something they liked and not he same thing every time either.

January-2007
09-08-2010, 11:05 PM
I like the Pop Waffles and DH is particularly fond of the tye-dye cheesecake. But then, who isn't? The individual cheese pizzas have always been great, as have the double cheeseburgers, pasta with marinara and a meatball, the list just goes on. We have the QSDP for our January trip at Pop and are hoping it's just as good as it has been on our past trips.

It does get busy at peak times, but I think that's really true anywhere when everyone's trying to get breakfast and then hop on the bus to the parks.

Don't forget that you can get a lid and bring your tray back to your room to share with the family so if one is an early riser the rest can sleep in a bit.

Granny Jill A
09-09-2010, 02:23 PM
I love POP, but the food court selections are in line with the "value" resort. Not a lot of variety. I ate dinner there for four days straight, and was aching for a good salad bar.

I always brought my own cereal and ate that for breakfast. Kept me away from the stuff that was bad for me - eggs, bacon, waffles, etc. :D