PDA

View Full Version : Pools and kids areas

Georgesgirl1
09-06-2010, 08:50 AM
My parents have said that on DCL kids below a certain age cannot swim in the pools. At what age can they swim in the pools? At what age can they attend the kid's areas? We want to take our boys on a cruise, but don't want to go until they can take full advantage of the shipboard activities!

BrerGnat
09-06-2010, 12:51 PM
Kids need to be FULLY potty trained (i.e. no swim diapers) in order to use the big pools. There are "baby splash areas" on the ships that are basically kiddie pools with a few inches of water in them. These are located near the slides. Kids need to be OUT of swim diapers to use the slide (and I think there is a height requirment of 40").

Kids need to be at least 3 AND fully potty trained (no pull ups) to be left in the kids clubs. There is babysitting (for a fee) in the nursery onboard for younger, non potty trained kids.

We have the same thought process. We almost took a Disney Cruise last year, but our youngest was not yet potty trained so we decided to wait. We are NOW waiting until they are both 48" tall, though, because we want to go on the Dream or Fantasy, and they have that Aqua Duck waterslide, but you have to be 48" to ride it, and I can't even imagine the cow they would have if they saw that slide and we told them they couldn't ride it. So, we're looking at a couple MORE years before we venture onto the high seas. ;)

Georgesgirl1
09-06-2010, 08:11 PM
Yeah, my parents want to go on a cruise with us, but we don't want to spend all that money on a cruise if two of the biggest things would be off limit to them. We are thinking of waiting until they are 3 and 5 or 4 and 6. That gives us 3-4 years to save since baby boy #2 hasn't even arrived yet!!