PDA

View Full Version : Question about August

NewmanFamily6
09-06-2010, 03:43 AM
How are crowds the week before Labor Day? I realize some schools are back in session by then so I am curious if that is a good time to go.:mickey:

egospotter
09-06-2010, 08:15 AM
We went at this time last year and it wasn't bad at all. I didn't notice much of a difference between that week and later in September when we usually go. It was busy Labor Day weekend, but that was still pretty manageable.

I remember specifically 5 minute waits most of the day for Splash Mountain the day we went to Magic Kingdom - I remember this because people were complaining about there not being Fastpass for SP that day. We laughed about that as we went on Splash 3 times in a row with no wait.

johnO
09-06-2010, 01:28 PM
Late spetember is always great. The crowds are gone and so are the extreme temps. Its still hot mind you but not as bad as the summer months..

jensantuit
09-06-2010, 04:16 PM
We actually just got back from our week long Disney trip yesterday. We were there from Sunday the 29th to Saturday the 4th. This is definitely a great time to go. The parks weren't very crowded, and most rides you could walk right on. For those rides with a longer wait time, we would just fast pass and went on another ride. It was hot but no hotter than when we have been there at the end of September (our usual time to go). We were very lucky and it didn't rain at all this trip. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask. :mickey:

Cdn Disney Dad
09-09-2010, 01:49 PM
Ditto on the last post. The parks were great last week. Walked on to most rides. It was much busier on Sat though. Great time of the year to go.

MagicalGuest
09-09-2010, 10:12 PM
We've gone to WDW the last week in August for the past two years. As people have already posted, it's hot...but the crowds are way less than earlier in the summer. That said, there are some attractions we didn't get on, like Soarin'. But then again, we're not early risers, so we blew our fast pass opportunities on that one.

Puppy Mom
09-10-2010, 01:03 PM
Shhhh! Don't tell everyone that mid-late Spetember is a GREAT time of the year to visit the World. The fewer people who know, the better.:thedolls: If you get lucky and time your trip in between hurricanes, the parks, restaurants and resorts are a dream.:thumbsup: The crowds have all headed back to school. It's rare to see a big number of school age kids. Most of the children there are pre-school toddlers there with Mom, Dad, Grandma, & Grandpa. We've made this late Summer trip 10 times in the past 15 years and each visit beat the heavy traffic seasons hands down.

It seems like a lot of Brits head over here too, this time of year. For those days when the heat tries to reclaim its hold on Summer, we always take a break in the middle of the day and head back to the resort pool (always the quiet pools, not the big theme pools, no crowds) and cool off during the hottest part of the day and head back to the parks re-charged for the evening.:beer:

Well, gotta' go finish packing. We leave in the morning for a week of luxuriating at OKW.:D

JerseyDad
09-11-2010, 11:46 AM
....we just got back from a week long stay at WDW this past Sunday. The crowds were LIGHT!! Most of the major attractions were 5-10 minute waits (except for Toy Story Mania in MGM....ooops..Hollywood Studios.....and I will NEVER wait 2.5 hrs to do a 10 min ride!!)

The weekend...especially at Epcot...was much busier.....but that's due to the day-trippers and evening "party-crowd" that Epcot attracts.

Our usual WDW trip time is the last few days of Oct into first week of Nov ("Jersey Week")...but we couldn't make that work for this year. Of course, it was much hotter last week than it is in Nov...and it does take its toll on your stamina.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
09-11-2010, 10:34 PM
We just went from 8/10 through 8/20 and the crowds literally dropped of on 8/15/10. The waits went from 45-60 minutes to around 10-15 minutes for a lot of the rides.

disneymom2000
09-11-2010, 10:37 PM
It's hot and muggy. :blush: